Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Told You They Was Organized.

Here's what I've been doing lately. Except for taking care of super sickos inflicted with a nasty-asty version of the stomach flu. Organizing. I planned 3 rooms to make a project of for the first few months of the new year.

The first was the play room. I made the play room many many moons ago. My kids were little and loved to go in and play make believe. Now that they're a bit older I wanted to update it just a tweek. It's not much really. Much of it is still the same...
Oooh. There is something new. It's a book shelf. With games.
This is the update. You see, these games were taking up a ton of space in my laundry room. I needed that space! So I took them out and put this together. So the new addition is the game shelves. So far it has produced much game playing. And it made for some much needed space for the second project.
The second project was the laundry room. Or "dump all your stuff in here" room. I just spent yesterday afternoon cleaning and organizing it. And it looks spectacular! I don't have pictures of the loveliness, but I made an executive decision while cleaning it all out. You see I have a lot of cook books. A LOT. And I love them. I have collected them as I have needed to expand my cooking horizon. But every time I get one, the inevitable happens...I find and use awesome recipes and then I type them out with my own variation or whatever, and then put it in my all consuming cook book. Wanna see it?
Here it is. Well, here is the open version. See? I just put everything in here.
And it's quite full and very well used. So the decision to get rid of the honkin' stack of cook books was necessary. But don't worry, I still have a sizeable stack of 'em in there.
So now my play room and laundry room are finished. Next project??? Drum roll please...


RUTHIE'S ROOM!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Bravo, bravo, hand clapping! Thanks for the inspiration.