Friday, January 27, 2012

Thursday Came And Went.

By the time Thursday was done, I'd taken 2 kids to the dentist for cleanings. No cavities. Got them to school, cleaned up the house. Then I went to the dentist for my cleaning only to have the dentist, who tried to smooth out a filling that keeps catching on floss, chip the filling and take a whole chunk out. This was a filling that I had to have redone 6 months ago because it had fallen out. Soooo, I told him he owed me a lollipop, to which he only gave a small chuckle and said, "It will only take 40 minutes. I'm sorry!" Then raced back to the school in the pouring rain to pick up those 2 clean teethed kids because it was raining too much for them to ride scooters home. Got them home and dry. Got Ruthie to Activity Days and then dinner made lightening fast and then I went to Pack Meeting and then came home and crashed. Hard.

But during much of that day this boy....
Was up at Snow Basin with his dad for a ski field trip. Yay!! It rained and was cold and wet and miserable. But Sam had a blast...
And when Daniel emailed me all the ski pics from his phone to my laptop, he found all the pics he'd taken at Disneyland when he took the boys on the steam boat thing around Tom Sawyer's island. They had asked if they could see the room where they steer. So the captain invited them to actually steer the ship and blow the whistle for the whole trip.
And a fun picture of all the kids trying their skill at pulling the sword from the stone.
Fun fun. It's been a terribly busy week with lots more each day. I need a vacation. Disneyland sounds like fun...

No comments: