Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
1. YOUR REAL NAME
2. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME (mother and father's middle names)
3. NASCAR NAME (first name of your mother's dad, father's dad)
4. STAR WARS NAME (the first three letter of your last name, first two letters of your first name)
5. DETECTIVE NAME (Favorite color, favorite animal)
6. SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, town where you were born)
7. SUPERHERO NAME (second favorite color, favorite drink, add "the" to the beginning)
8. FLY NAME (first two letters of your first name, last two letter of your last name)
9. ROCK STAR NAME (current pet's name, current street name)
10. SUPER MODEL NAME (first pet's name, street you grew up on)
11. RAPPER NAME (first three letters of your first name, plus -izzle)
12. VAMPIRE NAME (Black and the name of one of your pets)
13. DANCER NAME (favorite smell, favorite candy)
I didn't put Sam's answers because of my need for privacy (last name stuff). But I wanted to share just a couple of his answers...#5- Blue Fish, #6-L. Hospital, #12-Black Tommy. The names used for your SuperModel name used to be for your Hooker name. Our pet growing up was Tramp. Fun!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Okay. Now it's 8:32. My boys are at school. And I can really concentrate on Make A Meal! Yay. Today's recipe is easy and yummy. It only takes 3 ingredients. So maybe it would be considered a quick meal and a preprepared meal. Don't ask me. I just make all the meals here.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Thursday...Blue and Gold Banquet. Isaac earned his Wolf badge and some arrow points. Yay!!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
He even purchased a very pertinent gift bag. (For which I have no matching tissue paper, but I can make do. I am a woman after all!) The gift will not disgrace the wife. The husband will still surely pay. And I can say he will certainly enjoy paying this price.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
For Family Home Evening, the treat person gets to choose what we have. There are many choices, but you only get one. Sam was in charge of the treat this week. He wanted a KingBooCake. King Boo is a character on Mario Kart. So here he is...
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Dan and I had talked about where we would live. Dan's brother was building a house and he suggested maybe we get an apartment and then build. Umm. No. We talked about living close to where I worked so I could work until we had a baby. I said no thanks. His job was the one that would be long term. So we began an online search for a house closer to where he worked.
I had told Dave, my boss, that I was getting married at the end of April. I also told him my long termness as his office manager would be coming to an end. He was ticked. I could tell. But the guys that I worked with told me to just ignore it because he would be able to find someone else. Yep. I'm so easily replaced.
Dan found a couple of homes and went to look at them while at lunch. He showed me one that was just recently built and needed a family. It was beautiful. It had an acre of property. It was a rambler with 3 bedrooms and a basement. It was just a couple of miles from his office and seemed perfect. He also showed me one that was a house with 3 different apartments in it. Um.
When he took me to see the house I fell in love. I knew this was where we would live. I loved the house. I loved that there was a big yard. I loved Dan!
We were home owners. We had a wedding date and everything was going smoothly. Dan had a lot of hair and we were both just so skinny. Everything was progressing smoothly and we were so happy. Life was good and we were not even started yet. Until next time...
Monday, February 16, 2009
I have been wrestling with the privacy issue. Among other things. Frankly, I don't care what you are doing Right Now. I know people love it. I know people love the connection. I know people love that you can "find" old boyfriends and such. But I just never felt comfy with it.
Tonight my sister sent me this link...
All the info you put on your Facebook account, even though you own it, can be used by them for any purpose. Pictures of your kids, your name, your old boyfriends name, your email address. And the list goes on.
My wrestle has ended. I won. My account has been deleted.
Thank you for reading!
Wednesday...Ruthie got some of what the others had. A fever and cough.
We had a fantastic Valentine's Day. Daniel got me Cranford. *SiGh* Oh *Big SIgH* I love it. And Daniel actually watched it with me. Love. True Love! We ate chocolates and sipped Sparkling Cider and ... Well. You know. We had fun. But Saturday was going to be a big day!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Ha ha. Hee hee. Ho ho ho. Just kidding. I like myself. But not that much. And since I'm bored and finally found an old scrapbook, I thought I'd do a Thursday Throwback.
This is me in the 8th Grade New Haven Marching Band. I played the flute. I was awesome! Well, not awesome enough to keep going when I got to high school. The Flute is just one more instrument I didn't expound on. Like the Piano. The Harmonica. The Bell.
Have A Thoroughly Thtupendous Thursday!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1. Be one of the first THREE bloggers to leave a comment on this post, which then entitles you to a gift from me - something crafty or yummy, who knows?! If you want cookies, I'll gladly oblige. If you'd like something else, hmmm, you might just get it. If you are one of the first 3 commenters, I'll let you decide.
2. Winners, you must post this challenge on your blog, meaning that you will Pay It Forward, creating and sending a handmade gift -anything!- for the first THREE bloggers who leave a comment on YOUR post about this giveaway!
3. The gift that you send to your 3 friends can be from any price range and you have 365 days to make/ship your item. This means you should be willing to maintain your blog at least until you receive your gift and have shipped your gifts. And remember: It’s the spirit and the thought that count!
4. When you receive your gift, please feel free to blog about it. We'd all like to hear how much you enjoyed it. If you are not one of the Top Three Commenters on this post, you can still play along. Go ahead and start your own Pay It Forward chain, and encourage your blogging friends to do the same! Just remember.... Pay it forward!
And Have Fun!!
That said, do you remember one of my first pictures for my project? It involved my food storage room...
Isn't it beautiful?! I have been really trying to get in the mood to "organize" it. You know, get to the nitty gritty and see what I really have down there. How many cans of tomato sauce can one family use, anyway? And how much do I really need for 3 months? Six months? 1 year?? So I happily searched many sites/blogs about a year supply. There are a lot out there. I decided that with my wheat collection, I could just about have a year supply. Hmmm. So! I made a log of each group of foods and non foods needed for a 1 year supply for a family of 5. You know, Grains, Legumes, Oils, Sugars, Fruit, Veggies, Deoderant, etc, etc. Did you know that a family of 5 should have 500 pounds of wheat?? Well, well, well. I actually have 430 pounds of wheat. And I know how to use it.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Wednesday...Sam did his Show and Teach today. He taught the kids how to make paper airplanes. He got 10/10 points. Yay!