Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blowing Up Pumpkins And Other Such Things.

Where have I been?  I've said it before..
Busy.
A few weeks ago we went to the Ranch to blow up a pumpkin.  We also went up to help the construction work in the building.  We also brought our 169 pound pumpkin to blow up.
Here's the tale..
Setting it up and putting a face on the large pumpkin
P1060536
The large pumpkin with a face and arms and a ball on  his head
P1060537
The aftermath.  See the black mark on the ground?  The older boys and Daniel took turns shooting at it.  One nephew hit it just right. 
P1060538
Checking out the remains.  The third kiddo there on the left is holding the ball that was unscathed by the explosion.
P1060539
Then it was time for the science fair.  I didn't do nearly as much work on this one to deserve a grade.  Sam did most of it.  He wanted to see how quickly nails would rust in water, salt water, bleach, vinegar and soda.  The bleach rusted the most, but the salt water rusted the fastest. Sam came in 19th in the 6th grade.  Only the top 13 go on to the next round.  Dang!
P1060548
And with this shot there are a few things I want to share with you.
First, look at my lashes!  THEY ARE AWESOMELY LONG! I love them. I want to marry them.
You can see that I need my color re-done on my hair.  When Bishops are called they start out with color on their heads and when they are released they are white headed.  I didn't think it was supposed to be like that for a RS president.  But it's happening.  I have a white line going down my part.  It's also been almost 9 weeks since it's been colored.  But still...
You can also see my lovely Thanksgiving decorations on my table.  I no longer decorate.  But these were being given to those who wanted.  I took what was left.  So now I've decorated.
P1060571
Last Friday and Saturday I got to spend time with some great gals at Time Out For Women.  It was so much fun.  We ate, we talked, we didn't sleep, we heard great music and listened to great speakers.  This tradition was begun last year and I think we're on a roll. 
I'm so glad it's almost Thanksgiving.  I'm hungry!!

No comments: