Friday, December 7, 2007

Blog, Frankenstein and Santa

I think it's time to start inviting people to come see my blog. I set it all up, wrote my first post and only told Laurie (my sister) to come see it. I suppose it won't really be a blog until people come visit me. I know I still don't have pictures. I am working on that one.

I had Carpal Tunnel release surgery on November 21 on my left hand. Yes, the day before Thanksgiving...I didn't have to cook, clean up, do dishes or remember anything...I was on some seious Lortab. I finally went to get my stitches out the other day and when the surgeon came in to check on everything, he said that my nerve was embedded up in the fleshy part of my thumb, so he had to dig it out and put it where it belongs. WOW! I thought I was just being a big baby about not having ANY strength and a lot of pain. Now I can be a big baby and have a darn good reason. It still looks like the hand of Frankenstein, but it is getting much better looking, and the bruising is really going down. I have the total use (except for the left thumb part) of both hands without any numbness or tingling or nerve pain. I love it! Now I just need to improve my handwriting skills.

Tonight Daniel and I have a sitter, so we are going to dinner then do some Christmas shopping. I don't think, in the 9 years we have known each other, that we have ever been all out Christmas shopping together. Isaac has been putting it all together over the last years and "knows" that we are "santa". This morning during breakfast, he asked what we were going to do on our date. I reminded him of what he already knew. He then proceeded to wink at me. It was hilarious. I have a secret that can't be shared and he's in on it. I know I will have to do a lot of "I can't tell you" and "I don't know where the presents are" and I can't remember what santa got you" in the morning. I really need to look for some better present hiding places.

So now on to the inviting...

5 comments:

Hollyween said...

YAY!!! Jennie! I'm so proud of you for setting up a blog. I'm linking you on mine right now.

You're off to a great start!

Laurie said...

Ok- TMI on the carpal tunnel stuff. Still grosses me out! But glad it's getting better. Good luck with the Christmas shopping tonight!

Andrea said...

Yay!! You have a blog!! Welcome to the bloggy world!

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you have a big family, kids are so wonderful, I can't wait to see pics..This is Tammy from High School..

Jennie said...

Hi Tammy! Wow, long time! Glad you are here.