Friday, December 14, 2007

The Sarajune Project

In my last post, my friend, Andrea, said "happy 15 months down" in the comments. I guess I should qualify that with a short update on our wait for Sarajune. Andrea, Kim and Leanne and I are moms (and moms to be) waiting for our babies from China. I thought that when we started our paperwork in January of 2006, that we would have our baby in our arms by spring of 2007. Here we are in winter of 2007 and still no baby in sight. In fact, I feel completely out of touch when it comes to babies...my baby now is 4 years old! It is looking like another long winter, spring, summer, fall, winter, spring, summer...you get the picture...of waiting. China has slowed down for several reasons. I think the biggest reasons are the Hague Convention that went into effect in China and domestic adoption in China. The 2008 Beijing Olympics and scandals in one of China's international adoption Provinces, have been mentioned as reasons, but I don't think they are key in much of anything right now. So basically we are on China's time table and with the current trends, we may be waiting until 2010 before we see another baby in our home.

The great thing is, I know that this is all part of the plan that Heavenly Father has for our family. After a really rotten summer of crying and second guessing and depression, I have received the peace I need to keep going with our wait. We are going to the right place, have done all the right stuff and she will come at the right time. I am grateful for Daniel and for his strength and patience with me as he is having a hard time with the wait, too. I am so grateful for my kids. They keep me busy and happy and exhausted and excited every day. When Sarajune gets to our family, she better be ready for the experience of a lifetime...but then again we are living the experience of a lifetime everyday.

Happy 15 months Andrea, Kim and Leanne. We are getting closer to our babies every month!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Yes, it is all in God's hands...The joy we have when we meet our daughters will be worth the wait. I have to keep believing that.

Kim said...

I just want to give you a hug! Isn't it great that we have the kids we do so that our wait isn't so sad!?! Although it's still hard!

Hollyween said...

I had no idea you were having a summer of crying and depression. You should have called me. I live close, ya know.

Sarajune is coming. I know it. Just look at us with Faith. It will happen!!!

Jennie said...

You are all so great! I am so grateful for the support we have, even when you all don't know exactly what is going on with the wait. Thanks!! Me

Laurie said...

I know this wait is really hard on you, but I love your attitude about it. Sometimes it's hard to submit to the Lord's schedule. But Sarajune will come!

Crissy said...

Jennie!! I am so sorry to hear this is a rough time. I had no idea, of course, I have never done this before. I imagine it takes alot of patience and faith. You can come over any time and talk about it. I will even make some brownies too :) Hang in there buddy!! You have a wonderful hubby and kids!! And Sarajune will be here before you know it :)