Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Make A Treat.

I had a few people ask for my Cinnamon Bread recipe. It's actually just a quick bread recipe that I believe I've posted before, and I just decided one day to add cinnamon and sugar and butter to it. And it worked. So here it is....

You need a Kitchen Aid or a Bosch for this bread recipe.
Put 1/4 cup sugar, 1 Tbsp salt, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 2 cups HOT water and 2 cups of flour into the mixing bowl. Mix on low for 1 minute.
Add 1 1/2 Tbsp yeast and begin adding 3-4 cups more flour until the dough doesn't stick to the sides of the bowl. Then mix that baby on high for 8 minutes. Yes, set your timer. I have to stand by my mixer with my arm over the top so it doesn't shimmy off the counter. It's a lot of fun!
After the timer goes off, stop the mixer and reset the timer for 5 minutes. Let that stuff rest for 5 minutes! It needs it after the beating it just got. Get your bread pans (2 of them) sprayed with non stick spray and get your cinnamon, sugar and butter and rolling pin ready!
After the timer goes off again, cut the dough into 2 pieces and "spank" them to get the bubbles out. Lay one out and roll it the width of the bread pan and about 12 inches up and down.
Then spread the melted butter on. Then put handfuls of sugar on. Then sprinkle cinnamon on. Do it like you love cinnamon more than anything in the whole world. You'll appreciate it later. I always add another sprinkle of sugar over that. I don't know why. I just do.
Then roll it up like you were going to make a short roll of cinnamon rolls. Pinch the bottom and tuck the ends under. Put it in the bread pan. Before I put it in the bread pan, I roll the top in the extra butter, sugar and cinnamon on the counter.
Put it in a preheated 170 degree oven for 25 minutes. When the timer goes off, change to oven temp to 350 without taking the bread out. Don't open the oven! Reset your timer for 35 minutes and enjoy the aroma that fills your house. Can you smell it yet?
Butter the tops of the bread and set them out to cool.
I enjoy eating it plain. I enjoy putting it in the toaster and then buttering it. I now enjoy it made up as french toast like Kim suggested. That's what we had for dinner last night.
Mmmmm!!
Enjoy your Cinnamon Bread and please use my name!
This is one experiment gone completely well!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh, sweet heavenly days! I can't wait to try this recipe. The bread looks so delicious!!

Kim said...

These are exactly the kind of instructions that I need. Thank you!!! You are such a great example to me. When I grow up I want to be a great momma like you!

Jen said...

My husband was just looking over my shoulder and said, " you gotta make that bread!" You're a hit!