Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh Drat.

Oh, right. I have this blog. I assumed I would have all this time to just....um. Blog. Not.
So I sat down just a bit ago to put all the pictures and update on the last few weeks. But I realized something. Many of my pictures are gone. And Isaac isn't home to ask. He had my camera for a while. I have no idea what happened to all the pictures. But these are the ones that are still there. Mostly what he took on his field trip.

So consider this a catch up. But not really. I had pictures of my latest updates to my family room. From Mother's day. The baptism. And other such things. So it's just a filler. Unless I can't find my pictures.

Isaac's field trip to Promontory Point. 4th graders smell funny. I've gone on all but one field trip with these beasts. They smell funny. Ever hear of showers? Deodorant? Toothbrushes?? At least I got to sit by Isaac the whole time. He doesn't smell near as funny. He just is funny!
The kids did a reenactment of the marriage of the rails. Isaac got to be the rail worker. He so efficiently got to drive the last spike into the rails. He's so awesome!
Isaac took this picture of the 2 original trains. The Juniper and the, um, something else. I apparently was too distracted other things. I don't remember what the other train was called. But I liked it better.
Last Friday night, Daniel took the boys on the Ward's Father/Son Camp Out. It rained, snowed and was freezing. But they had fun. Sam refused to put pants on. He's so strange!
Isaac crossing his eyes? Why? No idea. Ruthie and I went to Applebee's for dinner then stayed up late and watched Hannah Montana the movie. We had a fun slumber party and were really warm.
The snow. The cold.
The new Primary President and her first counselor/my previous first counselor stopped by last week with this book and a gift basket. They had all the kids write letters/draw pictures for me. The basket had lots of chocolate and relaxing stuff just for me.
This was my favorite page in the book. There isn't a name on it, so I don't know who it's from. It says, "Hi, you were a good teacher and now you have a breake from being a good teacher." Thank you. I needed a break!
For mom's day, Daniel set a precedent last year with the blog books. This year I got volumes 3 and 4. Yep. That's me driving a tractor. These books are wonderful scrapbooks of our family. All I had to do was update my blog. Hmmm. Maybe I should be doing that more for the next volumes!
And that's all my pictures. You know what I've been doing lately? Reading. A book. I know. I actually haven't been able to just sit and get involved in a good book for 2 and a half years. Whenever I would try, my mind would run through all the myriad of things that needed to be done. I didn't realize how much of my life Primary took. I am enjoying a great book and have purchased more books from DI.
I have a new calling! I'm the Wolf Den Leader. yahoo! I am loving it! 8 year old boys smell funny, too, but I can handle it better than 50 10 year olds on a school bus. Daniel is still the Cubmaster, so we actually get to kinda work together again. I love it!
In 2 weeks, Daniel and I will be sailing through the great state of Alaska! I went to get me cute shoes and some rain ponchos today. Now I need to start making my lists. Lists of stuff. Kid stuff. Mom and dad stuff. Grocery stuff. House preparing stuff. Packing stuff. Stuff. And then there's all the other stuff.
There are only 4 days and 15 minutes left of school. Then I will have a 5th grader, a 3rd grader and a 1st grader. Man! They're getting old!
So I think I have caught up on most of what's been going on.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Isaac's field trip looks like tons of fun! I love your blog books- I didn't know that Daniel did that. Where does he get it done?

Crissy said...

Great pictures, Jennie! I remember when Michelle went to Promontory Point. Doesn't seem like that long ago! Have a fun time on your trip!! Love your blog books :)

Kates said...

Yay! Finally, a post! I was beginning to think you thought you had been "released" from blogging too. Nice to see your updates. And Sam in shorts and moon boots = priceless!

Kim said...

YES! You have time to read a book! That is awesome. I think that little boys smell funny in general but it's okay because they are funny and that makes up for it. That is so sweet that the kids wrote notes to you!! Glad to hear from you again.

Daniel said...

I used a company called Shared Book. You can find them at http://everything2print.com/

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Cute! Love the photos!