Monday, February 25, 2013

My Unhealthy Relationship.

It's been going on for so long.  I have become numb to it over the years.  I look the other way.  I cover it up.  Sometimes I do let it just show.  I'm not proud.  Maybe I need help.  But I think I have learned to just live with it.  And even enjoy it a little.  I wonder if I need help.  In fact, it may seem that I'm asking for help because I'm blogging about it.  I'm not.  Not intentionally anyway.  I just thought I should be honest.  With myself.  With all of you.  So here it is.  My unhealthy relationship with...
 
Dust.
P1050705
It's everywhere.  I have sent it on its way on so many mornings.  I've tried afternoons.  Heck!  I even brought my kids into the relationship.  But to no avail.  It always comes back.  With a vengeance even. 
P1050708
It's just no use.  It keeps coming back and I keep letting it lie.  I don't dust as much as I used to.  It's an impossible relationship to break.  It's come to this.  Dust is here and I am letting it stay.
P1050709
Don't try to help me.  I will be ok.  I'm sure of it.  I am even allowing my children to become immune to its powers.  We will all go on with our lives while the dust just sits there.  Because even if I dusted with the best of the products on the market, it will just be back in a day or two.  I have met my match.
Dust.
Just let it be.

No comments: