Monday, March 18, 2013

A Bit Of This 'N That.

On the secret freckle...
After doing a little research I don't think I will ever lose my eye.  But if I do, it will be okay.  I will forgo the eye patch and get a super awesome glass eye.  Then I can take it out and freak people out.  And I will save 50% on contacts.  I do believe in being prepared, so I close my right eye while driving.  Hah!!

On the science fair...
Because Isaac got 3rd place at the district science fair, he was invited to the regional science fair.  It's going on right this moment.  We won't be going to the award deal tonight.  I'm glad this is the last of the science fair this school year.  Isaac told me to plan on this for the next several years. 

On goat club...
One of the cute girls in goat club is a 4-H ambassador.  So she had to set up and execute a 4-H fair.  We offered to come and be part of it.  Isaac did a table for Robotics 4-H and Ruthie and Sam did a poster and table for goat club, specializing in Pygmy goats.  I was proud of my kiddos for all their work and so excited for Karlee who did all the work.  No one came.  Her mom was so sad.  But we call it success because now my kiddos have that experience and know what they will do more awesomely next time.

On choking...
Last Wednesday night Daniel was sitting with Sam to do homework.  Sam started making all these funny noises.  Then Daniel says "Are you choking??"  Then he did the Heimlich and saved Sam's life.  It was scary.  Sam was seriously choking and Daniel saved him.  Whew!

On callings...
I have been a Wolf Den leader for almost 3 years.  I love this calling.  8 year old boys are so fun.  And crazy.  Yesterday I was sustained as a Ward Missionary.  I am so excited for this new adventure.  I have a companion and everything.  There are a lot of women in our ward and its boundaries that need sister missionaries. A new adventure indeed.  Isaac was called to be the secretary in his quorum a couple weeks ago.  One of his assignments is to send emails out the the quorum for activities for the month.  When he did the email for March, he added flair and personality to an otherwise boring list of dates.  Awesomeness!

On spring rolls...
I'm having spring rolls for lunch.  With ginger soy sauce.

On the basement...
We have one door up in the basement now.  I still need to finish painting and Daniel is back on track with the tile in the shower.  We have also cleared out the storage unit.  Yay!

On the gynecologist...
I went in this morning for my yearly exam.  As the doctor left the room he said "It was great to see you".  Hmmm

So there you have it.  Have a most wonderful day!

No comments: