Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Secret Freckle.

You have one, too.  Right??  I mean, everyone should have a secret freckle.  And I do.  Wanna know where it is??  Sounds too much like a trick question (or a dirty question).  But why would I blog about it unless I could share it?!  So here's my story...

Long long ago on a planet far far away, I had an appointment with my Opthamologist.  That's an eye doctor.  And it was actually in Ogden on Wednesday.  Anyway.  It's a new doctor for me because my old one who knows the insides of my eyes like crazy moved.  He took an extra long time examining my eyes.  Then he got out other lenses and examined much more.  Then he sat on his chair with the computer and typed.  For 5 minutes straight!!  I just sat there wondering what he was typing about my eyes.  Then he got done and turned around and told me all the stuff I already know about Diabetes and eyes.  Duh!  30 years, remember?!  Then he said I have a freckle or mole on the inside of my right eye.  What the what?  He looked at my arms and asked if I have had melanoma or any type of skin cancer or pre-cancer.  No melanoma, but I do have pre-cancer that I see a dermatologist for on a regular basis.  Then Mr. Dr. said that the freckle on my eye can grow and/or turn into melanoma! WHAT THE WHAT?!  So he proceeded to go through the facts.  No viable treatment.  No cure.  If it turns to the big stuff, they can inject something in that might take care of it.  Otherwise, and I quote, "We take the eye and save your life".  Um. "But I don't want to scare you."

So then they took pictures of this secret freckle.  It was awesome.  Actually it was quite ugly.  Then I go back in a matter of months to make sure it doesn't change.  Please don't change please don't change.  And then we just go on forever more checking and hoping I don't get melanoma in my eye.  Crazy, right??  Right.  Thanks for agreeing with me. 

I am now thinking I could sport the Pirate rage and wear a patch.  And a frilly blouse.  And get a parrot.  Daniel says we'll just get me a glass eye.  My kids really like that idea. 

So there you have it.  My secret freckle story.  Aren't you glad you know it?  And so now I ask you...
Where's your secret freckle?

3 comments:

Laurie said...

How does that happen?!? That is crazy! I hope it doesn't change, although an eye patch would be cool...

Laurie said...

You were the first person my boys prayed for tonight. Lucas: "Please bless Jennie that she doesn't have to be a pirate. Because then she would have to be on a pirate ship and we wouldn't see her very much."

Anonymous said...

No matter what you write about, you always CRACK me up! "It was actually in Ogden on Wednesday" hahahah

We will be hoping and praying you won't have to be a pirate. Although I do think you'd be a pretty cute one ;)