Thursday, February 6, 2014

What's The Matter?

 There was a little matter of a birthday.  Here's how it went:

My birthday, 43rd birthday if you must know, was a week away.  That day was filling with a load of stuff.  SEOP for Isaac, who will be in 9th grade next year, which is essentially high school.  Piano lessons, which eventually got cancelled due to a sick teacher.  Relief Society activity, which I was really looking forward to.  Amongst other things.

So I did what any busy and insane and totally normal 42 year old grown woman would do.  I changed my birthday.  Because I can.  So there.  So we celebrated my birthday officially on January 31.  Which I realize is a totally different month.  But who cares, really?  I certainly didn't. So there it was.

So I opened my gift, which was this totally awesome Samsung tablet, on which I am doing this very post.  I have a great case with a keyboard even.  It's so much fun.  I need to see about putting a picture on...

That evening, we all went to dinner at Chuckarama.  Because the choice is ours, you know.  We ate and ate and then came home and had some cake. So I was unofficially officially 43. And loving it!

Then on Wednesday, I got home mid morning and got on Facebook and saw all the birthday greetings and realized it was the real day.  Facebook wishes, texts, emails and door visits.  So I went to the store and got another cake.  hey!  More cake is good cake.

So there you have it.  I am 43 more than officially.  And it's gonna be a good one.

No comments: