Thursday, April 17, 2008

Botox anyone?

So here's the thing...A couple of weeks ago I was doing my usual makeup routine and noticed a new dent in my face. Not one of those dents from the pillow! No, this is one of those permanent dents between my eyes that marks my age and possibly just how much I furrow my brow. Does anyone actually say that anymore?? Furrow one's brow?? Now, I know I'm getting older and I know that I should look my age. But this is ridiculous!
So I have been using needles since I was 12. No, not like that! I have Diabetes and have to inject insulin. Those needles don't scare me. I have stuck myself in the upper arm, thigh, stomach and hiney bumper for many (many, many) years. So I think a shot of Botox should do the trick and fix this dent. Now have you seen my face?

It's the dent over and beside my right eye, on your left. You see?!?!?!
Not to mention the dark circles!
So my problem is this. I couldn't inject my face. OUCH! Can you say painful?! So I think maybe the answer is a facial "wash" with the stuff. You know, dip my face in and pray for the best. And if that's possible, why not just jump in and tighten the whole body! Know what I mean?? Really, I do have "dents" and stuff in certain places. So why not a swimming pool of the stuff. Maybe I would share it with those I love, we would all look tight! Oh wait, I just saw Priscilla Presley. Not good. But not being able to move my mouth might be a blessing, right? All right! The point of it is to paralyze the muscle...hmm..does that sound like a good idea to ANYONE?? And it's a Botulinum Toxin. Say what?! Yep, Botulism! Maybe I will hold on to my new dent as a way to say to the world..."YES! I am 37! I am getting old! I am even kinda cute! I have a dent on my face, not to be confused with the dents in other places on my body! I will survive this and the other dents that will be part of my face soon! I love my dents, one and all!! I don't need Botox because I am Woman, hear me roar! ", etc, etc...
Alright, enough of that...on to cuter things in my life....Yep, you got it, my kids, and most likely the causes of my new dent!

Daniel gets home tonight. Hip, Hip, Hooray! We are very happy people!

11 comments:

Kim said...

So - I don't know about dents (other than the ones on my thighs - argh, did I just admit that??!). I DO have spots from old acne - the mark never seems to go away anymore. Is that an age spot? I couldn't put a needle in my face either. I think the dent will grow on you...oh, I didn't mean it that way! Okay, what I mean to say is...sorry about the dent...that stinks.

Kim said...

p.s. Our Primary does have the schedule that they suggested. Email me and I'll give you details kskeeler@msn.com

Hollyween said...

Thanks for saving me by the side of the road today. I was hoping "super Jennie" would come to the rescue and YOU DID!!!

I have dents in the same areas. Plus some weird wrinkles on my left arm. They're freaking me OUT!!!!

Crissy said...

Dents, wrinkles, it's all good ;) LOL! I get this little puffy bag under my eye that pops out everytime I smile!! What's up with that! I have wrinkles all around me eyes. I think the wrinkles and dents happen to the best of us. What I won't like is seeing Older Movie stars that look fake because of all the plastic surgery. I think the wrinkles just add more character to your wonderful personality :)

Laurie said...

You are very brave to post a picture of your dent. I don't think i have any dents yet, but I notice new lines every day! I'd also include hubby on the reasoning for it all.

Lisa and Tate said...

For lunch yesterday I went to Paradise Cafe. The only parking spot available was the one reserved for a Elase.... so to be honest, I went in to "act interested". I left with a price list and designing plans to get some stuff done. The young help all had botox on their foreheads... I made them move theier foreheads and it looked natural. So now I will get a lip laser and maybe forehead botox. I am a lot older than you.... I actually need it.

Crissy said...

P.S. Ummmm, I just looked at my forehead and I noticed the exact same crease in a pretty close spot. And I am 5 years younger than you!! Sheeesh!! See what reading your blog does for me!! Ha ha ha ;)

Andrea said...

You still look great!!I got to love the new wrinkles, they go with all my grey hairs! The stress of this adoption isn't making me feel any younger!

Momma Ballou said...

OH my heck! I just noticed the same flippin' dent on my forehead today.!!!!!!!! It must be contagious. Let me know if you ever get brave enough to do anything about it. And I'll come too.

Jen said...

I haven't found a dent yet, but I do have a new line under one of my eyes. I forgot which one. It's just the beginning....

Yah, what's her face Presley looks freaky. I saw an interview with her and she said she had some plastic surgery, or something, some years ago and it caused some big time damage. That's my fear.
What if something goes wrong? But there are some things I would love to tweek and REDUCE! One look at me and people can tell right away what I would like to reduce. Ug.

piawood said...

I actually did get botox on my forehead in around the eyebrow side area....it looked great and it was slightly gruesome but truly fine....it reallly isn't affordable for me to get it as often as required to keep it up though, that's the lousy part....it was 500 a section, so my forehead costs that amount...people commented on how relaxed and fresh I looked and it was so much less time than tons of night cremes, foundations, and all that other stuff I would fuss over....I would do it again as now I can really tell in the photos that my crepes on my face are just a pain!!!  I want to embrace them, but honestly, once in awhile, I am going to get some botox to give me a boost...ladies...it really isn't bad....let me know what you think.