Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wanna Salsa?

Not too long ago a friend of mine, April, posted on her blog that it would be fun to do a recipe every once in a while. Well, what a fabulous idea....I Love To Eat! So I thought I would share a yummy salsa recipe that I made today for dinner.
X-tra Super Salsa

2 medium tomatoes

1/2 small sweet or mild onion (I use 1/4 white onion)
3 Tbls diced green chilies
1 Tbls white vinegar
fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove
salt
black pepper
Put all the ingredients in a blender and plow through it. Look out, it's yummy!
Now on the food note, Isaac and I made sugar cookies from one of those Betty Crocker bags (not everything can be fresh made all of the time) after dinner. When they came out of the oven, Isaac said, "They look just like the cookies they make for school lunch. Now if we just had some cookie salt to go on them, they would be just right." So I got the "cookie salt" (sugar sprinkles) and the kids had a blast sprinkling their little hearts out. The following picture is my version of "sprinkled cookies", my kids' version was on the verge of "Holy Cookie Salt, Batman!"


Because my version is pretty (and not eaten), it gets published.
So every once in a while I think I will stick with this tradition...I'll post a yummy recipe I think you might enjoy. Anyone else wanna join in?

9 comments:

Momma Ballou said...

You're so quick! Does it matter what kind of tomatoes you use? I'm going to grow my first real garden this summer and plant everything that goes in salsa.I will def try this recipe. Mt boys seriously go through a bottle of salsa a week. They love it!

Jennie said...

April...I buy the hot house tomatoes. In my garden, we grow a couple different kinds. The garden ones give a little different flavor, but I don't know that it would really matter.

Andrea said...

I am so coming to your house! Salsa and sugar cookies are some of my faves!!

Lisa and Tate said...

Yummmm- Salsa!!!

I have tried those sugar cookies and they a delic!!! Unfortunatley I did not have the cookie salt.

Laurie said...

Yummy! I love your salsa! The cookies look delicios too.

Crissy said...

YUMMY!! I will have to try this recipe! Thanks Jen! I especially love the cookie Salt!! You are so creative with food!
I will throw on a yummy snack recipe on my next post :)

Jen said...

What's with all of the food posts lately? They are all so dreamy. Mmmmmmmmm Salsa.

Hollyween said...

You're a great cook even if it's storebought cookie dough. Your easy lasagna is still one of my faves. I make it all the time.
I do wanna make some salsa and participate now and then in the recipe thing. I need ideas that are good for the lazy person that I am.

Kim said...

Your salsa looks divine...just the right consistency! I can't wait to try it. Thanks! Oh, and the cookies with the "salt" spinkles look yummy too. That cracks me up! The recipe idea is great!