Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh CRAP!!

Yes, that's right, CRAP! I went to pick up my boys from school today. As I waited for them to come after the bell rang, I was talking to my neighbor and best friend, Amie! Sam gets into the front seat first...no problem. Then Isaac gets there and starts to climb in over Sam and the next thing we know...

CRAP!!! CRAP!!! CRAP!!! CRAP!!!

I am not a dog hater, per say! But why do people walk their dogs around the school and not clean up after the animal??!!! Come on! So we had dog crap (I know it's vulgar to say, but the alternative could be offensive! Honestly!) all over the front seat, Sam's pants and both boys' shoes! GROSS!!

So luckily I have my handy dandy purse (no longer the 6 pound purse, I might add, because I found a really cute one on sale at Target and HAD to buy it, so it's smaller and I can't fit quite as much into it as my other larger purse. But I digress...) and the wipes inside of it! So baby wipes are my salvation as Isaac is walking around on the grass wiping it off his shoes and gagging and Ruthie is scrambling to get out because she is gagging and coughing, and Sam is dragging his leg on the grass to wipe the crap off his pants. Oh I am so sure people caught on quickly to the problem. I am quite sure that a few people laughed at my expense. (Did anyone offer assistance or more wipes or a bag to put those wipes in?? NO!) But what do we live for but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh at them in our turn. (that's a quote from Pride & Prejudice by the way! Dog crap doesn't mean I completely lose all decorum.) So I had my day making sport for my neighbors...

So the clothes are in the dryer, everyone has washed their hands several times and Daniel gets to take care of the smell in the front seat and the shoes out on the front lawn.

I suppose this is my April Fool's day "thing". I will be watching for opportunities to laugh at my neighbors in the near future!!

7 comments:

Crissy said...

Oh, Jennie!! I wish I would have known. I am totally oblivious to anything going on to the south side of the school. I have a ton of wipes in my Jeep. I never leave without any. I can't believe people were laughing, I mean seriously!! Next time (if there is and hopefully not) Just remember where I am and I can bring you some.

Lisa and Tate said...

OH CRAP is literaly right... I am a LARGE dog owner, and have ZERO tolerance for people not cleaning up after their pups..... Sorry you had to have this happen!

Lisa

Jen said...

"Oh Crap!!" must be on a lot people's minds, because that is the title of one of my next blogs! That's sooooo annoying. I don't deal with poop that well. Me and Steve a deal between the two of us. Steve deals with the poop messes and I deal with the throw-up messes. Some deal huh? I hope you, the clothing, the car seat and children recover quickly.

Laurie said...

So gross! Why do people do that? If you have a dog- pick up after it! It's not that hard. At least Daniel was willing to clean out the car for you.

Hollyween said...

CRAP-I-OLA!
Dog crap is the worst.... next to cat pee.

And on kids and in your car? That's a cruel April Fool's joke if there ever was one.

Jennie, thanks so much for the treats the other day. You are such a great friend. That totally made my day and I broke into ALL of it right away. You're the best.

spark said...

Jen,
I saw what happened. I am sorry I didn't offer to help. I figured you probably would just like privacy to take care of such a problem... I didn't wan't to embarrass (bad spelling today) you. I promise it never occurred to me to laugh! For myself, I just like to be left alone in situations like that. I am sorry I didn't offer assistance. I LOVE the new blog background. It is easier to read now and very pretty.
Amie

Kim said...

I am laughing...too funny! Baby wipes get poop off of ANYTHING! They are magical, aren't they?!?! I would have offered a bag to you, after I finished laughing.