Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Weakness

I am addicted to The Office. I think the show is hilarious and have been borrowing my sister's DVD collection to just get a fix. I about went crazy when the writer's strike took the show off the air. So I just borrowed seasons 1 and 2 from Katie and then my friend started watching them, too. (She's a new junky!) I realized that every time Daniel walked into the room while I was watching, he would say, "I guess if you had The Office DVDs you really would watch them." I made him get the first season of 24 on DVD and watched it once and never again...I can only watch each episode once. But The Office, on the other hand, I can watch over and over. So I did the inevitable...I bought season 3. I needed to see Pam and Jim (again) after The Kiss!! Could anyone really deny me that?? So I just finished watching season 4 through Dinner Party (hee hee) so I am caught up (again) for this Thursday, babe! And, I bought season 2 today. Daniel is out of town and I need something to fill my night with! If I can't have Daniel, I will have Jim....and Pam and Michael and Dwight and Angela and Creed and Stanley and Jan and Kelly and...well, you get the picture.
My current collection! (and addiction)
While I am super single mom'n it, I don't cook dinner...I do play "Short Order Nan" and "Drive Thru Sally", but tonight we will invite the "Pizza Guy" to linger on our front porch just long enough to drop off a wonderful, cheesy pizza! My kiddos are stoked!

Have a wonderful Tuesday night!
(By the way, I realize I am missing Season 1. I guess I am working backwards in my personal pursuit of The Office. My next shopping trip has Season 1 in bold letters to be purchased and then duly watched! Thank you very much!)

6 comments:

Crissy said...

How FUN!! You know, I never even heard of that show until reading your blog just now. I may have to borrow one of your season's some day and check it out. Who knows, you may even get me hooked on it. LOL!! Have a fun Tuesday night, Jennie!! I'll be thinking of your yummy pizza while I am slaving over a hot stove of something ;)

Lisa and Tate said...

I have never really watched the Office... I am so out of touch!

You make a great single mom cook!!! This single is thinking the pizza guy sounds good tonight too. That and American Idol!

Lisa

Kim said...

I understand about being able to watch certain shows over and over. We're that way about Seinfeld. And, although I shouldn't, I love Friends still.

Jen said...

The epidsodes that I've seen of the Office, I've really liked. The show cracks me up! For some reason I'm more busy at night and forget to watch it or record it.
I tend to do that with every show that I like to watch.

Have fun with the kiddies!

Laurie said...

I am addicted and getting caught up. I've watched season 1 and the first disc of season 2. The bits and pieces I had seen before are finally making sense (or not!) So funny!!

Hollyween said...

Jennie,
I have NOT MISSED AN EPISODE. My favorite one is the George Foreman grill one. This is John and I's obsession and a show we agree on and both love.