Thursday, June 19, 2008

By George! I've Got It!

Yep! I've the answer to climbing gasoline prices! I'm a genius! If only others saw in me what I feel about me! Wow! I'm amazing. So here it is...No, don't stop going places! STOP DRIVING!!!
You see, there is another way. A way better way. To get from point A to point B. Or if you're avoiding a big vacation, from point A to point Z.
READY??
Flying Camels!
You see, I was out with Daniel in the garden the other night. We have about 1/4 of our property not being used right now. We have always had big plans for it, though...a calf, a goat, a barn, a moto-cross range, chickens. But, we're lazy. It's just 1/4 acre of weeds. So we've really been trying to think of something brilliant to do with all that space. Hmm, maybe a mommy fort. No boys, no kids, just moms. Chocolate, Diet Dr. Pepper, ice, a DVD player....
Hello, you still here?? Ok. So we were watching some mindless cartoon at 10 pm last night on Boomerang. It was really dumb. BUT!!, there was this camel. Now, I think, what a nice looking camel. Then the kids in the cartoon get on the camel and the camel starts to fly! You got it! FLY! Up in the sky! So I say to Daniel, "Let's get us a flying camel!" He says, "Ok, we can put it out in the pasture area......hmmmm, I'd have to get something to go over the top so it doesn't fly away." Serious! This is our conversation! It was late.
So here's the deal. I'm gonna go out and find me a flying camel. I might find 2. A boy. A girl. They'll meet, fall in love, have 3 baby camels. We'll all have our own flying camel! We can then sell our cars...won't make much, but we'll have more room in the garage. Then we will just ride our flying camels everywhere! They don't drink much, so we won't have to stop for water. In fact, I don't think they eat much. We won't have to stop for food. And if they do get hungry, we'll just watch for a patch of grass...let the kids run, let the camels eat, Daniel and I will go behind the tree....
So, you see, we won't have to bother with rising gasoline prices. The heat won't bother them so we could go to the Sahara! I don't like heat, so maybe we'll just go to Alaska! I'll let you all know what I can find. If there are only the 2 flying camels, I'm taking them! I won't share. I'm nice, but.... So there you have it. Go find yourself a flying camel!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL! I kinda don't know what to say. BUt if they are out there, nice find!

Crissy said...

Such a genious idea! Why didn't I think of that ;) Hey! If your two camels have a bunch? I'll buy a male and female from you :)

Laurie said...

Haha! That's a great idea. Why didn't anyone think of that before? If you start your mom-fort can I come play?

Mama Bear said...

I'm a fan of the mom fort! Let me know if you find an exta flying camel that could carry my preggo self around!

Jen said...

As appealing as the flying camel sounds, I will have to pass. It's the smelly thing, along with the heat, along with the long blucky tongue thing, and along with trying to stay on the darn things, thing.

Momma Ballou said...

Ummmm, I think you've been out in the heat too long or maybe all the primary kids are getti' to ya. I didn't know you were a diet Dr.Pepper fan, me too. good to know.

*tif* said...

That must have been a fun converstaion! I love late night silly conversations!
I wanted to tell you that our drive in was not exclusive. If we do it again I will let you know and you can bring cars and play with us! It's really quite fun. The kids loved it!

Kim said...

I love this idea! If you find a flying camel farm, you'll have to let us know. You are too cute. The Mommy Fort sounds great though...and a little more do-able.

Hollyween said...

Just as long as your camel isn't like that one camel some lady got as a pet and it sat on her and she died.

Okay. That was morbid. But after hearing that, I'm now afraid of camels.

Oh, and sometime tomorrow maybe I can finally get sam's trophy to you!