Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Stitch In Time

Because it was only a matter of Time before we would have to get Stitches!
Daniel moved the tramp while the boys were on it. Big mistake!
Sam's mouth went right into the back of Isaac's head!
Daniel grabbed him and brought him in the house. He was suddenly missing his front top tooth. The other front top tooth is now loose. As we cleaned all the blood off his mouth, we saw that he had 2 pretty good openings on his bottom lip.
Ewww!! Oh my stars! And did I see stars! I'm not one to faint, but all that blood!
One cut on his lip was open pretty wide, so Daniel took him to the Insta-Care.
He got one stitch! Just one! But one stitch in a land that hasn't had any stitches in the last 8 years is something to get excited about!
Sam was thrilled to have a stitch in his lip. He will proudly be sporting that stitch for about the next 5 days!
And, of course, he can't get pictures taken and not make this face!
What a ham!
There is now a law against moving the tramp while chidren are on it!
And Isaac's head is sporting a little goose egg!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Put that law into writing!

Ewwwww! Nasty!

But at least Sam's feeling good enough to "ham" it up for pics!

Crissy said...

OUCH!! Glad he is better now! Sarah has been the one in our family that keeps getting the stitches (Twice already)
Brandon decided a few weeks ago to high climb the swing set and fell down cutting the inside of his lip open. it was more of a tear and couldn't be stitched. Luckily it healed up good.

Lisa and Tate said...

OUCH!!! I guess 8 years without stitches is amazing!!

Sarah said...

Looks pretty painful. Poor kid. Hopefully he'll heal well, and soon. I'm sure, he's a tough kid!

Momma Ballou said...

Poor little guy. That is a good rule. Jordan broke his colar bone last week. What a way to start off the summer.

Laurie said...

wow, looks pretty bad! I think you have done really well going this long without stitches. We only made it 13 months!

Kim said...

Holy COW! Poor Sam! I bet Daniel felt even worse than Sam looks though. Good thing that was a baby tooth! Hopefully it didn't hurt his big tooth up there! (I know a few things about loosing front teeth.) I'm sure Sam is very proud of his stitch!

Anonymous said...

Wow- you've been busy! Sorry to see the hurt kids- ouch. I am not sure there was one year that went by in my family that someone didn't get stitches. I have had them 4 times (once playing dodge rocks and I lost).

Your family is so beautiful! Love the pictures!

Leanne

Kim said...

p.s. love your new page!