Sunday, June 1, 2008

Are we done yet?

Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime!
School is out, scream and shout!
Yes, school is out and that means summer is here.
The thing is, it's been 1 week. Yes! 1 week. I'm tired!
Here is a picture list of our first week of summer....
We set up the sprinkler ring on the tramp. Fun!
Jumped on the tramp with a neighbor friend. Woohoo!
"I'm cold!" After all, it is only 65 degrees outside.
We did jobs.
Because mom won't last the summer with everyone home and no one helping with dishes and dusting.
Sam made a funny hat. He ate cocopuffs out of this hat on Saturday.
We had our first weekly library visit and reading picnic. We are currently reading Charlotte's Web together.
Sam got some much desired computer time.
Isaac uses the old decrepid computer in the basement to play his train game.
We played Twister.Sam wanted to wear dad's boots to play T-ball. Sorry, no T-ball pictures!
We went to 7-11 for a treat!
Because no mom can go a week with her kids home and not get a 7-11 treat!
(it's only a Slurpee, her face might say it's something stronger, but it's only Slurpee)
We got new sandles. (sandals?)
Took a nap!
We tried out the new swimming pool.
And got splashed with the hose.
We all went to the way cool Demolition Derby.
Nothing better than cheering when cars crash into each other!
It was hot and we stayed up way late.
Sam caught a frisbee with his forehead, so he got to trade it in for a prize. He chose the clapper!
We also had a BBQ with extended family.
We also went to the dentist.
And we also rode our bikes to the school to play at the park.

We have poster sized calendars of all our summer events.
We already have things on the calendar that might as well be engraved in stone.
Did I mention that I'm tired?

So, my question is this, are we going to survive the summer?
Only 12 more weeks to go to know for sure!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm tired too! So far my summer has been filled with four 10 year old boys hanging around, saying they are bored. What ever activities that I recommend are rejected. And then there's me trying to prevent Conner from committing baby suicide, now that he's crawling.

Your summer sounds funner than mine, so far.

Can I spend the summer at your house?

Laurie said...

wow, you are the best mom! I love all the fun stuff you guys are doing to keep summer busy. I am so bummed that I missed out on your salsa. i was so looking forward to it.

Sarah said...

I'm tired just from reading it! But you definitely keep them busy, and they'll always remember the fun they have with mom during the summers. My mom always had to work, so my summers weren't nearly that fun!

Crissy said...

What FUN pictures!! You are so good at keeping those kiddos busy! Love the one of Ruthie taking a snooze break ;)

Kim said...

Hey LADY - Slow down!!! Looks like ya'll are having so much fun! I love the picnic/book reading idea - too cute! What is the green thing on the wall behind your picnic blanket in that picture?

That pic of Ruthie with the slurpee is HILARIOUS!! It does look like it wasn't all slurpee. The nap pic is adorable as well. I love sleeping kids pictures. Sam's hat is AWESOME!!

I hope I can be a fun mom like you when Jake is older. Right now, I'm molding him into a fantastic shopper.

Jennie said...

Kim, The green thing on my wall is the chalkboard. That's our playroom. MAybe I'll take pictures of it and post them.

Mama Bear said...

Can you say Supermom Jennie? Dang your kiddos have no idea how lucky they are to have so much entertainment!