Saturday, November 5, 2011

O Happy Day!

A red letter day if ever there were one. Ruthie is 8!! My baby! I can't believe she is getting so big. We celebrated on Friday night at Burrito Grande and she got the fried ice cream as her birthday treat. Isn't she beautiful!?
Today, the official day, we had a little party with some friends. If I had said she could invite 20 of her closest friends she would have come up with a list of 35 of her closest friends. We narrowed it all down to a group of 8. They played games, made and ate pizza, decorated cupcakes and made cute little boxes for their "stuff".
I've been begging my kids to stop growing and just stay young. I get a rousing round of "MOM! I can't stop. You know that!" Well. If I could stop it, I would.
Next week my baby will be baptized. Then she'll receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Then all my children will have that special companion in their lives. What a blessing.
Happy Birthday Ruthann. We love you and are so thankful you are ours!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow. 8!!! It IS great to be 8! She is such a fun girl. Lucky you!!