Friday, May 30, 2008

THE BATHROOM!

I believe I once said I re-did my kids' bathroom. Some time ago. Ok, a long time ago.
So I finally took pictures. Because I believe I also said I would post pictures when it was done. Some time ago. Alright! A long time ago. Well here they are. I know it's a little confusing. If you can't really picture the real thing, come by and see it in person. Just let me know before you come. So I can wipe down the toilet. So I can flush the toilet. I have boys!

Here is the shower curtain (my inspiration) with a cute picture of my kids (ALL my kids) in the tub together for the first time. The picture is hung just above the toilet. On the toilet is the old flower pot that was in the bathroom before, just now filled with color coordinating wash cloths.
On the other side of the shower curtain, the lovely silver hooks on which I hang the hooded towels I made in color coordinating colors. Notice the trim. It's brown. Just wait!!
Aahhh. The door. It's brown. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I painted the inside of the door (and all the trim) with a lovely color coordinating brown. Chocolate brown to be exact. That is a recent picture of my kiddos. I painted both frames in the color coordinating brown paint.
From the hallway, a look inside and to the left. The brown hand towel that should hang on the lovely silver towel hanger is in the wash at the moment. Not only did I do all the trim and the door in the lovely color coordinating brown paint, I also painted the drawers and cupboards!
A complete veiw from the hallway. That's Ruthie's room in the background. My next project (bwaahaaahaaa...).
The other side of the counter. Just in case. The flowers in the pot are violet (or eggplant, as my dear friend Lori said!) to coordinate with Ruthie's eggplant colored bathtowel. The charts on the wall are for toothbrushing purposes! ("Morning and night, otherwise you will get cavities and your teeth will turn black and fall out of your head!" "But, mom, I want my teeth to fall out so the toothfairy will bring me money!" "Brush your teeth!!" "NOW!") Good gracious!
Another shot of the shot of my kids and the color coordinating paint and shower curtain and hooded towels. Sorry if you are getting bored. We're almost done.
Oh, wow! We are done. I hope you enjoyed the tour of my kids' bathroom. Please come visit me again soon.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

That is soooo cute! I love that you even painted the inside of your door. Very brave. But it turned out nice. And I love the pictures of your kids. They're adorable.

Hollyween said...

Lovely. Just lovely.
Am I the only blog chic that has no crafty, design ability? I think I need lessons.

Lisa and Tate said...

Flush the toilet... I'm coming over! Cute cute bathroom, thanks for the tour!

Truthfully, let's get a waiting Utah momma's lunch together-- are you interested???

Lisa

Jen said...

That shower curtain is inspirational! I love those colors. I'm planning on re-doing my bedroom and I'm thinking of doing it those same colors. The pictures of the kids are a cute idea. Although, I don't think Cody would appreciate me hanging a picture of him taking a bath on the wall, now.

Beautiful! Beautiful!

Big Daddy B said...

Hi Jennie,

I have heard a little about you because my wife comments on your blog periodically. I wanted to contact you about a contest I am having. I am an author and just published my first book entitled Soul Survivor. I am giving away five signed copies of the book as part of the contest and was wondering if you would do a post about it. The contest details are on my website www.jamesballou.com. Please let me know if this is something you would be willing to do. Thanks.

James Ballou
author of Soul Survivor
www.jamesballou.com

Kim said...

I LOVE the bathroom! So glad we finally got to see it! The shower curtain is great - as are the hooded towels. Look at you all crafty and stuff! The pictures are cute! How fun to have one of when you first got Ruthie! Well done.

Laurie said...

very cute! love the colors. That pic of the kids in the bath together for the first time is so dang cute!

Crissy said...

WOW, Jennie!! Will you come remodel my bathrooms?!! LOL!! I LOVE it! You are such a designer! I especially love the framed pictures! Almost looks like one of those bathrooms you see advertised in magazines!! Wonderful job, Girl!