Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On To The Mouse.

My plan was to post everyday about the trip until it was done. We've got something brewing at our house, though. Isaac and Daniel have it grossly bad and I just can't get the energy to do anything. My body aches and my eyes keep tearing up. I can't sleep either. Anyhoo, I realize I need to get this done because other things are going on in our lives that need to be blogged. So here's the day we go to Disneyland!

We met at grandma and grandpa's room at 8:30 on Monday morning. Ready for action. Daniel finally sent 2 of our kiddos with 2 cousins reeling around the 2nd floor's walkway for a bit. They had some serious energy bubbling up. We all headed out to the sidewalk and snapped a picture of our kiddos with 2 cousins, Emma and Zach. Isaac is the serious one who wouldn't break forth into smiles for anything. The machinations of his mind are an enigma.
We all proceeded to cross the street to the magical world of Disney.
We got into the park without any problemos and began the pictures until we could gather together. Here is most of the group. Daniel, Aunt Nicole and a stranger were taking the pictures. See my gorgeous niece Jillynne next to me there on the end? She just got her mission call to California and will be speaking Spanish. She will be an awesome missionary.
Here's our quaint little group of groupies. You can't tell, but my mouth is clenched shut while I'm yelling at Daniel to hurry and take the picture. I think he was trying to figure out the setting it was on. Or something.
We spent the morning in Disneyland, mostly in Tomorrow Land. Hey! Here we are heading to Tomorrow Land.
We wanted to get on Space Mountain and do Star Tours and move on. But we began with Astro Blasters. Now this was a fun ride. Never go in thinking it's a dumb kid game ride. It's a fun everybody game ride. You rack up points while shooting at the little targets. Oh Fun!
Yes. Let's take a picture of Jennie's rear as she embarks on the ride. We need to discuss picture taking etiquette. And that's grandpa up there above my head getting on.
So the rest of the morning was filled with Star Tours, Space Mountain, a brief stand in line for Nemo's submarine thing until everyone decided they wanted to go on the Matterhorn. So we jumped out of line and headed to the Matterhorn. We eventually made our way over to California Adventure to pick up our lunches which we ordered in advance to reserve our spots for World of Color. How many children does it take to complain about cold fried chicken for a mom to begin force feeding her children? Oh I don't know. My children never complain. Especially about cold fried chicken. Or the fact that there isn't a microwave around.
After lunch we....well, I really don't remember. It's all a blur. We may have gone back to Disneyland. We may have stayed in California Adventure. Well, now that I think about it, I think we split up into a couple of groups. We left and went back to Disneyland and rode stuff. Lots of stuff. That evening we were in California Adventure for World Of Color. Oh my. Here is my family, cold and tired, waiting for the show.
By the time it began I had a few children who would have rather just gone back to the hotel. We hadn't been back all day and so we didn't get our sweatshirts. We were chilly. But then it started. All eyes on the water!
I wish we could have gotten pictures of the kids' faces. They loved it. Couldn't take their eyes off the water.
These pictures just in no way do it justice. It was an amazing show to watch. All water and lights and even some fire.
After the show Nicole said I was wet. How did I get so wet? But she was wet, too. She realized when she put her hands through her hair that she was also very wet. But it was worth it.
We got back to the hotel and were out like 5 lights. My plan was to let everyone sleep as long as they wanted before heading back. Even if everyone else went ahead of us. Well, everyone was tired. So the next day we began at 10 am in California Adventure.

2 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Jennie! We went to Disneyland over fall break too. Wish we would have seen you all!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

PS Miss you!