Thursday, July 1, 2010

Not So Bored.

When Daniel read my Mono/bored post he asked me a dumb question. "How can you possibly be bored with all that stuff going on?" Well, okay. I guess I'm not seriously bored. But it's hot outside and I'm not an outside person and so that is a double hit to my woeful self. I send my child to the mailbox so I don't get sunburned on my arms. I turn the A/C on when it's slightly stuffy in the abode. I really don't enjoy summer in Utah. I'd rather be in Alaska. Where it's 60 degrees and overcast. Oh well. I had my chance. Daniel wants to move to Hawaii because he lived there while a single guy and would like to just live there again. Too hot. Plus humid. And milk is like $7 a gallon. Nope!

Anyhoo. I should just move on. I came up with a brilliant idea last night. Well, I was reminded of someone else's brilliant idea. I got some old popsicle craft sticks out and am putting together an "I'm Bored" jar. So when someone is bored, I just grab the jar and we pick a stick.
Brilliant! And when it's really really hot, the stick that says "Go for a bike ride. or..." Says "you pick" on the back. So they get to choose what we do so mom doesn't get super cranky in the heat. Or something. So I'm really not so bored as I am just boring. hah! I need to go find a jar now and make it cute and not so boring! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Hollyween said...

Cute idea. I should do it--only I'd only do it if every single thing didn't require any of my help to complete the task. Cuz, I'm much too lazy for that.

Kates said...

I love the jar! I need to do that too. Although I'm thinking that my sticks will have chores written on them. When the kids say they're bored, they get to do a chore! Brilliant! I bet I won't hear another "I'm bored" for the rest of the summer!

Jen said...

Awesome idea! Heck I wouldn't mind making one of these for myself! Some of my popcicle sticks would say - lock your kids out of your house and take a long bubble bath without any interruptions. Or, ask Steve for $100 in cash and go on a little shopping spree!

Laurie said...

Great idea! I want to do this for weekends. I hear "I'm bored" more times than I can count. So, cookies in the mountains? Is that actually eating cookies in the mountains?

Crissy said...

What great ideas! I love the "Go to Maverick" one, hee hee :)