Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Weekend in Review

Easter came and went. Well, it came, and then it came again. Then we did more stuff. Easter first hit on Saturday, that's right, a day early. Our Easter Bunny doesn't like loading them up with sugar right before 9 am church when the mom has to sit on the stand for choir, etc, etc.

So we sent them outside while the cutest bunny around hid baskets and eggs. They found them all and enjoyed the sugar fest that afternoon!






On Sunday, we left for Abbie and Poppy's house early to have time to visit UncleAaron'a grave. My brother died almost 6 years ago. Ruthie said earlier this week, "Let's get flowers and put them by that stone for Uncle Aaron."

After leaving the flowers, we high tailed it to the party at Abbie's. Cousins came and we had a yummy ham dinner and then the real fun started. You can't have Easter without a big egg hunt at Abbie and Poppy's house. Each kid gets a basket and is "assigned" an egg. They then are sent out into the yard to hunt those eggs.


Ike and Sam finding eggs.



Every year, it never fails, someone can't find one of their eggs. This year was Collin's turn.


Ruthie and Maddie in almost matching dresses.








Katie and Jeramiah. Gotta have broad shoulders to hold up those bubba cheeks!









Mindy and Joshy. Alex's "mini me"

Ike and Sam with the Roxie dog!








We also made it a night to celebrate the March birthdays. Bryan, Adam and Isaac share March, along with Aaron, but he can't come eat cake with us anymore:(



The tank cake is Isaac's idea. Yep, I made it! I think I need to find pics of all the cakes I've made over the years and post them here!



Today is day one of the 2 day Spring break. We went to the zoo. We haven't been since last summer and have a season pass. We need to get out there more.



We had a blast riding the train.
Wouldn't you know it...a tractor keeps their attention for about 15 minutes straight!









There was a baby giraffe with it's mom (I assume). The kids loved it!

We watched the elephants do some tricks on their own...no trainer! One of them is expecting. It's a 2 year gestation (kinda like how I feel right now) so she isn't showing!










We have one more day of weekend fun, but will most likely spend it at home in the backyard and maybe a bike ride! Hope you all had a great Easter and a very nice weekend!! P.S. This whole post is so not asthetically pleasing to me. I was going to re-do it this morning, and haven't had a chance. So this is what you get. If it is unpleasant to your eye, I apologize!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Cody got soooo much candy from our family Easter party, the Easter bunny decided he didn't need any more candy.

It looks like your family has had alot of fun this spring break. We have sat at home, not doing much. Pretty sad huh?

I remember when your brother passed away. I know that was a hard time for your family. What a better time to celebrate eternal families, than Easter.

Love the tank cake!

Crissy said...

Hey Jennie, I think you post looks FABULOUS!! You Dredges know how to party!
Like Jen, we just sat home on our tooshies eating easter candy. We did hide 60 eggs in our backyard. We found all but 1. We may find it sometime this summer when we start to mow again, LOL!!
I love all your fun pics. BTW, We have a zoo pass too that we have had since august and still need to use it. So if you need someone to go down there with, let me know. My kids would love to go down :)

Crissy said...

P.S. I am sorry this is such a hard time of year for you and your family. It will be 5 years for us when Shane's Mom passed away this coming conference weekend.
I am sure your brother was there enjoying all the happiness. That was sure sweet of Ruthie!!

Kim said...

That tank cake is too awesome! I would love to see the other cakes that you have made - please do post them (with all your spare time ha-ha)! I'm sorry to hear about your brother. It's hard to be missing someone during a fun time of the year. We LOVE the zoo, I had NO idea that elephants are pregnant for 2 years! Ugh! Looks like a fun spring break.

Lisa and Tate said...

What a fun Easter! I guess since I am hitting the 25th month, I am way overdo for an elephant. I wish they could get me started...

Lisa

Andrea said...

Sounds like you have been a busy mom! Glad to hear things are good on your end. Happy Belated Easter too!!

Hollyween said...

Love the tank cake and I love that you went to visit your brother's grave. How thoughtful of Ruthie to say that!! She must be "in tune" like most kids are.

Are you doing the stake choir? I can't decide.