Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patty's WHAT???

I admit I love a holiday, an observance, any excuse to have a party! But today is not one of them. I actually hate St. Patrick's Day. Luckily, my kiddos get themselves dressed. But they do fall under the spell from teachers, classmates, tv, etc, who tell them to wear green. Normally I wouldn't push it, except that NOT wearing green is the direct cause of my stress on this particular day!
I look good in green, don't get me wrong. I just don't want to be hurt if I choose NOT to wear it today. I'm not Irish. If I was, I wouldn't care. Any day specifically designated to cause people harm if they aren't wearing the color of baby diarrhea and food-gone-bad should be banned. That's basically all I have to say about that. My boys did inherit a little Irishness from their dad. He happens to be wearing his green suit, green tie, green socks and green shirt today.

So here are some pics of my oh-so-cute kiddos who got themselves dressed. Can you pick out the one with the least amount of Irish blood??


I will admit that I plan to wear green today. Not because of the ultimate pinches that could result if I don't, but because I happen to look great in it. Yes, even after calling it poop and mold, I will still wear it!!







8 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Each and every year I have to search high and low for something cute to wear that is green.... As you know, St P's day is my b-day (thank you for wishing me a HB), so I feel I need to look good for when I go "out" to celebrate. This year, I am trying to get away with aqua colored bead necklace... Hope this does the trick!!!

Jenn Toon said...

I LOVE GREEN! But hate the "need" to "have" to wear it too.
The Primary went to the cannery, I think. The president lives next door - I'll ask her! :)

Laurie said...

I'm not even wearing green today! Only because I don't have anything green that fits me right now. Love the pictures!

Crissy said...

Awwww!! Come on Jen!! Where's your Saint Patty's day team spirit!! Ha Ha Ha!! I am kidding!
Sorry you don't Saint Patricks Day. I could care less either way about it myself, I think it's more fun for the kids. In fact, one holiday I could seriously do without is Halloween (I do it for the kids though). And I agree with you, I totally hate the pinchy thing! I don't mind the color green so much, but I don't have anything to wear that's green. Shhhhh!! Just don't tell anyone ;)

Jen said...

I'm with ya sista! The pinching thing makes me want to slug them. Remember when you were a kid and if you forgot to wear green, you'd lie and say,"my underwear is green!" However, my favorite color is green. Thanks for adding my blog to your fun list. What a fun addiction!

Hollyween said...

Oh, I love green too and I'm proudly wearing mine today. And yes you do look great in green! Wasn't that cute top you wore yesterday green?

Kim said...

You do look FABULOUS in green! I agree - the pinching thing is completely annoying. I'm Irish, so I think it's pretty cool to have a day for celebrating it. We are having green vegetables with our Key Lime pie and Corned Beef for dinner (thanks Winegars!). When I was little we used to make green clover-leaf pancakes to celebrate.

Melissa said...

Im not much of a holiday person. My family goes all out for christmas & 4th of July and that is about it. The only reason I notice St Patties is becuase of the excuse to make Corn Beef