Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tagged--Husband post...

I got tagged by my sister Laurie. Here it is...

What is your husband's name? Daniel Lawrence ...

How long have you been together? We met in December 1998, so just over 9 years.

How long did you date? We went on 4 dates over a 21 day period. Who needs to date when you can get engaged and then married!!

Who eats more? Depends on the food and time of day/month/etc...

Who said I love you first? Daniel *sigh*

Who is taller? Daniel, that's why I married him!

Who has more speeding tickets? Hmmm...ME!

Who is smarter? Depends on the subject...math and science-Daniel; art and language-me

Who is more sensitive? Hmm, I cry more, but he is more sensitive.

Who does the laundry? I do. He will help fold when he knows I am tired!

Who does the dishes? I do. He does it only when I absolutely don't care what the dishwasher looks like inside!

Who sleeps on the right? Looking at the headboard, I do.

Who pays the bills? Refer to answer regarding smarts! He does!

Who mows the lawn? He does, but with the riding mower, I get out there sometimes, too.

Who cooks dinner? Sunday-Thursday I do, Friday and Saturday he does.

Who drives when you are together? He always does unless he will go right to sleep...he gets carsick!

Who is more stubborn? Duh-I am!

Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? According to the last answer, who do you think?? He is!

Who's parents do you see more often? Mine, I guess it's the wife prerogative!

Who has more siblings? Daniel has 2 brothers and 5 sisters, I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters. I guess the sister ratio is where he gets his sensitivity!

Who wears the pants in the family? Well, well, well. We each have a leg in those pants!

Who eats more sweets? I eat the sweets, he eats the salty.

Guilty pleasures? Me-Survivor, Schwans #364 ice cream (at the same time!) Daniel-computer games and, um, oh, I can't write that!!

How did you meet? I was teaching Gospel Doctrine and he came to the Singles Ward with a mutual friend. He saw me and loved my face and what I said. I saw his smile (teeth!) and his eyes! The friend introduced us the second time he came, by stopping me in the hall and saying, "Jennie, this young man wants to ask you out on a date!" Considering I had given up dating all together right before this meeting, I was completely up for the challenge and am glad I was!

Who asked who out first? He asked me out right then. He called me that night and told me all about him (my lesson the week before consisted of me talking about the loser guys I had recently dated) We went out that Friday night on a double date.

Who kissed who first? We had just decided that we should get married and Daniel said, "I guess we should kiss." So I think we kissed each other!

Who proposed? We had decided to just get married and the following week, after he got the ring, he knelt down and asked me formally! (I cried)

Best Feature? Me! Oh wait, his eyes and his smile!

Best personality trait? He is so easy going and kind. He is so non-judgemental and I strive for that myself.

Pet names? He calls me "love" I call him ....Can I say this on my blog??...

Where do I see us in 15 years? 15 years older and wiser, too. We will be 53 and 52 (I'm younger!)and will have a 23 year old, a 21 year old and a 19 year old. Who knows how old the youngest will be. We will still be living right where we are and possibly just paying for college and missions and looking forward to retirement.

What is my favorite thing about him? I love that he is my husband. No one else can have him or match him. He adores and loves us and thinks the world of our family. He goes out of his way to take the best care of us possible. He works hard and gets better and better every day. He's so darn good looking,too!!

If you are reading this and having fun at it, you are tagged!!

4 comments:

Hollyween said...

I've been with John longer than you've been with Daniel, can you believe that? We dated for nearly three years!!! Stories like yours always make me go, "what?" I cannot relate!!!
But it's so romantic and I love it!!!! Fun to learn more about the two of you!!

Laurie said...

Very fun! Ahhh, the magic of the singles ward!

Melissa said...

OH your husband cooks dinner some night... nice. My husband has offered...but Im a little nervous :)

Crissy said...

You two are just TOO cute! I'll have to do this one tonight when I get a chance :)