Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday...

Hmmm...not much going on here, but I feel the need to post something. I mostly finished the kids' bathroom Saturday. The painting is done, the towels are done (hooded towels that I sewed myself!), hardware is up and done, got a new stool for the kiddos to reach the sink, and the new shower curtain is up. The shower curtain is the inspiration for the decor. I tried my hand at pics of the room, but all I got were weird angles that didn't make sense and then this weird lady in the mirror. Oh, wait! That was me. So not cool. So no pics for now. I still need to get a cute picture of my kids and other stuff on the minimal wall space. I am also thinking of painting cute squares that match the squares on the curtain. You might have to just see the whole thing to see what I mean.

I also painted all the walls, baseboards and doors. Everything that I touched up looks fabulous! I just love the newness of paint! I organized and cleaned out my laundry room, too. I just cooked the chicken and am thawing the ground beef to cook for the Taco Bar after the Baptism Saturday. I will just freeze it and then thaw it and put it in crock pots. Not going to just put it in my fridge until Saturday...GROSS! I did Sharing Time yesterday, so that is done a week early...thanks, Lori! I feel good. I still have a busy week, but all in all, it's gonna be great!

Since this really isn't anything exciting and new and I can't get good pictures of the bathroom, I thought I would put my cute kids on for your viewing pleasure! here you are...

Ruthie enjoyed watching a little TV today while her boys were at school. Every girl should be able to just lounge on the couch everyday! She always has the same secret for me..."Mommy, I love you!"
Sam and his big brown eyes are irresistable! It's hard to say no to a third corndog for lunch when he looks like that!
Isaac is just days away from his 8th birthday and Baptism. Last night I had him try on the Baptism jumpsuit...I almost started to cry! He walked into church yesterday wearing his new suit! WOWZERS! Handsome young man. Not so old that he can't just flip upsidedown on the chair, though!
Ahh...life is good at our house. I think it could only get better with a trip to Hawaii! I'll start my imaginary vacation soon!

10 comments:

Jenn Toon said...

LOVE NEW PAINT! The smell, the cleanliness, the spunk! When you get done, you can just hop on over here and do mine. HA!
Love the kiddos! Love big brown eyes - we have lots here too.
And can't wait to see pics of the bathrm and the baptism! Love little guys in suits!! :)

Hollyween said...

Oh, you're inspiring me to do some paint in my house. It needs it desperately but it's SUCH a job that I keep pretending that it's okay. And it's NOT!

Cute pics of the kids. Good luck at the baptism! Kids grow up too darn fast!

Momma Ballou said...

I've been thinking of you alot today...EVERYTIME I LOOK AT MY BASEBOARDS!!! Dang you. I guess I better get a scrubbin'.

Momma Ballou said...

I've been thinking of you alot today...EVERYTIME I LOOK AT MY BASEBOARDS!!! Dang you. I guess I better get a scrubbin'.

Kim said...

You have been such a busy girl! I'm thoroughly impressed that you made hooded towels for your kids. Thanks for sharing pics of them - they are way too cute! Can't wait to see your fancy new bathroom pics!

Lisa and Tate said...

You are so organized- it just blows me away how much you accomplish. New bathroom including handmade towels!!! Food ready for the PARTEEE!!!

Can't wait for pictures or the projects and of the party.

You do have adorable kiddos!

Lisa

Laurie said...

Ok, my house is starting to feel really shabby now. Can't wait to see your house and all your hard work! We are looking forward to the first of many baptisms this year!

Jennie said...

I want to quickly remind everyone that I LIVE in my house...I see everything! So a little paint may not be enough for many to come in and say "Wow, you have a wonderfully immaculate home!" Oh, no, more like, "hmm, the baseboards aren't sooo bad here". Really, it's not as great as I can see some imagining!

Ken and Lori Banta Family said...

You could use vinyl squares instead of painting them. They are a lot easier to use and a lot easier to take off if you don't like them! Just a decorating idea:) Good luck this week with everything and we'll see you and Isaac after school today!

Crissy said...

WOW!!! You are like, "Super Mom" Those are cute pics of your cutie patooties! Good luck this weekend! It sure is coming fast :)