Thursday, May 8, 2008

It was bound to happen...

RIGHT??!!
I mean, she has great hair! It's gorgeous! Look at these pics when I took a curling iron to it:

Lustrous and shiny!
Can you believe the shine!? And it's just beautiful!
Let's look at that profile again...
Oh, the cuteness!
This morning I was just minding my own business. You know, just doing the mom things. Apparently not doing all a mom should, because Sam and Ruthie caught my ear with shouts of joy and delight!

This is what I turn to see... The bangs...gone! chopped! on the floor! no where close to where they should be! I'm ruined! I can't leave the house now with this...Oh, wait. It's not about me!
And, she's still smiling!

Here's the evidence.
All scissors have been confiscated and confined to an undisclosed location.

And, last but certainly not least, the culprit!
He has experienced a loss of all priveleges.

After this horrible incident, I took myself to the shower. I calmed down and was ready for action. When I got Ruthie in to see what we could do with the overwhelming lack of bangs, I hear her whisper to Sam, "At least she's not yelling!" Oh, yes, there was yelling. But in retrospect, it's all part of the show, folks! It's hair, it will grow, and every kid goes through some awkward stage.


..........................................................................................................................................


Will it never end? I just found all of a full tube of toothpaste wiped around the kids bathroom sink. A potion. Boy is he in trouble!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! I don't even know what to say. I'm not quite there yet. Good luck. wow........

Jenn Toon said...

Amazing to me how kids are attracted to scissors and toothpaste! We've had this happen more than once - luckily it does grow back and you can buy more toothpaste. :) Be patient and laugh with them! :)

Lisa and Tate said...

Stunning hair, even with less. WHat a little rascal that boy is! Hair and toothpaste... wonder what else he will be up to.

Lisa

Hollyween said...

Yowza.

Good thing she is so cute and can get away with it. You didn't say on the phone that Sam was the culprit. Oh boy... Levi would be locked up for life if he did that to Faith. Maybe I should warm him NOW.

Thanks so much for agreeing to help me out tomorrow. You're a lifesaver.

Kim said...

Oh, I was the culprit growing up. I cut my little brother's adorable curls off and they NEVER grew back. Sad. Ruthie is still cute and the curled hair pics were adorable.

I understand about the yelling thing where they cower and then that's when I realize that I've yelled too much that day already. Argh.

Crissy said...

It was actually at this point for Sarah that I decided to have her bangs grow out, that way if it happened again, She might still have something left, LOL!!
She is a Doll, Jennie! Even with the cut bangs!

Mama Bear said...

Yikes...that's what I'm in for with a little boy??? Is it too late to change my mind??

Laurie said...

hahahaha! Her curly hair was SOO cute on Saturday, but alas, this is a stage every girl must experience. I love that they were so relieved that you weren't yelling! And toothpaste on the sink-yuck! What a morning!

Jen said...

Aaaaaahahahahahahah! Cody never cut his hair, but he did cut his comforter on his bed, various shirts, and a sofa.

Your kids were on a roll! However, they are darling!

Momma Ballou said...

Holy cow! I'm just getting caught up on all my blogging. What a day. You needed that brownie even more than I realized. Hang in there girl. She is still soooooooo beautiful.