Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mommy Tag...

1- Typically, what time do you wake up?
When the first child moves...anytime between 6-7 am

2- On a good night, what time are your kids in bed?
Every night's a good night....by 8!

3- How long have you been a mommy?
Hmmm...just a bit over 8 years.

4- How old were you when you became a mom?
This is just a ploy to see how old we are!! I was 29.

5- What is your favorite kids TV show?
Scooby Doo

6- What is your least favorite kids TV show?
Anything they turn on loudly!

7- What is your favorite chore?
Anything I do when I am by myself. Except the toilets!(although, I am by myself, so maybe it's not so bad!)

8- What is your favorite meal to cook?
Anything easy that my kids will eat and that gets the response, "This is good, mom!"

9- What meal do you cook most often?
Any mixture of spaghetti sauce, noodles and cheese.

10- What is your kids favorite meal?
Just 1?? Pizza.

11- What's your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
Just about anything..they are always so happy with dad!

12- What are 5 things that make you smile when you're being a mom?
~When they play nicely with each other.
~When I look at them and see all their potential.
~When I play with them and they think it's best time in the world.
~When I talk to my oldest and he actually talks with me!
~When they are asleep!!

13-If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
Anywhere they wanted to go, because they would so enjoy picking the destination!

14- When was the last time you went out without your kids?
Date night a week ago...dinner at Cafe Rio and then a movie, Prince Caspian, then silence in the car...no, no, not a mad or uncomfortable silence, the kind where, if you say something, you might as well have just brought the kids, because then it's not complete silence! (It's really loud at my house!)

15- What is your favorite activity to do with your kids?
Whatever they are having fun doing!

16- Name one thing you said you'd never say as a mother?
"Because I said so!" Yeah, right!

17- Name something you do that your own mom did.
Say, "because I said so!" oh, and read to them.

18- What is your favorite quality your mom has?
She's cool as a cucumber under pressure and her hair always looked good.

19- What is your favorite kids book?
Where the Wild Things Are.

20- What is your favorite advice for new moms?
Don't worry about the mess, it will still be there tomorrow! and You will never sleep again, so get used to it.

21- What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom?
Watching other kids who don't have what my kids have and knowing I can't change it.

22- What is your most joyful moment as a mom?

When they just say, "I love you, mom", without any prompts.

23- When is the last time you told one of your kids you loved them?
Today!

24- When was the last time you were told, "I love you" by your kids?
Hmmm...maybe they do need a little prompt.

If you are a mom, you are tagged!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The car ride was so silent because we were both too exausted to talk. And I thought for sure Telly Tubbies would have been your least favorite or possibly the Bannana Splits.

Jennie said...

Hey Hon!! If it's quiet, I really don't care!! And...Silence is Golden! No matter what causes it.

Crissy said...

HAAAAAA!!! LOL!! You two are so cute!
Anytime that I can actually HEAR myself think is a good thing!!

Momma Ballou said...

I used to love being a mom untill the police showed up at my house last week!!!!!!

Hollyween said...

I hate Doodlebops. Talk about ANNOYING.
And my fave book is 'Where the Wild Things are' too!!

Kim said...

So fun to learn this stuff about you! Too cute that Daniel commented on your post. Shane rarely reads mine, but that's okay.