Monday, May 5, 2008

One of my favorite things...

My dear friend Holly did a post of her favorite things. My favs aren't really as cute and hip as hers, but I do have a doozy! Well, it's versatile. And I'll bet no one has ever thought of this! Feel free to use my favorite thing as your own!
CHOPSTICKS
Weird. I know. But if you only realized the versatility of these wonderfully crafted sticks!
You can clear out the spaces in the mixer where the bread dough got when you made enough bread dough for 3 loaves.
You can use them to clean out the little spaces of the vacuum!
You can scrape yuck-a-muck out of the washing machine.

You can get them into small places to remove, dislodge, clear out, bug and just do things you can't do with your finger.

You see that tip?! Perfect for so many things!

You can even eat with them. Cool. I know!

(Those are the roses from my sweet hubby) (please don't look beyond the roses at the mess of a Monday morning...don't tell me your house is immaculate after Sunday!)(and no, I am not trying to eat the roses, you're supposed to smell them)

Here is the picture of the day! We were done with dinner a few nights ago and the kids all cleared their places and went outside. I usually find that when dinner is over and the kids move on, I can just sit (imagine that...sit) at the table and do absolutely nothing at all. I know, it's a strange concept...a mother sitting! But then there was the leftover corn on the table. And we had bread with dinner. So I think..."hmmm, the corn looks an awful lot like teeth" (the insanity, remember) and I form 2 rows of teeth and use bread crust for lips. I hadn't realized Daniel took a picture. I thought I would share it with you!

P.S. I have many many many sets of my favorite thing. So if you are in need of something longer and thinner than your finger to get to things, give me a call. I'll send a set over!

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, I never realized the versatility of chopsticks!! They are amazing. I might have to get my own set. I just figured I don't know how to eat with them so what else would I use them for? Now I know! The picture of the corn-mouth freaked me out a little because I though it was a real mouth at first glance. I though it was one of those pictures to scare you into good dental hygeine.

Jennie said...

Hmmm, maybe I should enlarge it and put it in the kids' bathroom!

Jen said...

My husband can relate on the chopsticks. He served his mission in Korea and brought back some silver and gold ones back.

I don't know how to use them either, so we have not used the "special" chopsticks yet.

The mouth picture is freaky, however, creative.

Crissy said...

You know... I never would have thought to use those for cleaning. I could even play tennis with all those dust bunnies that I have! LOL!! If I ever need, then I know who to call.
LOVE the mouth with the teeth! Makes me want to go brush my teeth now :)

Hollyween said...

I think I need some chopsticks.
My Dad uses them for everything. A bunch of members of my family are pros since they lived there and all. Me? Not so much.

The teeth picture. You're so creative. Levi saw it and went "EWWWWWWW!"

Sarah said...

I need chopsticks! And thank you for being so good with Tres. You're so patient and willing to help him out all the time. You're are a wonderful Primary President. THANK YOU! It means alot to have someone like you guys in there taking care of our kids.

Andrea said...

You are going to have to teach me to use chopsticks! Right now, I have to use the cheater kind. As for the corn, ewww! I have a really gross corn story I will have to tell you some day!

Kim said...

Your chop sticks are beautiful...I had no idea they were so functional on top of being fun! He-he, they put the fun in functional. The corn thing is hilarious!!! You are so lucky to get to sit after dinner. I'm so jealous!

*tif* said...

I LOVE chop sticks! Whenever we eat out at a place that offers them I choose them because it's so fun to eat with them and I'm actually getting pretty good at it :) and I love that you had enough of a sense of humor to make a mouth out of bread and corn. I'm just glad your teeth aren't that color :)