Monday, May 19, 2008

It's A Dead Mouse Brain!!

And it's enough to make me not want to read this post. But, seriously, do! It's a great story. I enjoyed it!
I sent my kiddos out to play on the tramp(oline)(let's not get crude). It's only 8:30 am, but we have beautiful weather. Considering we just had winter like 4 days ago, and will have winter again on Wednesday! But I'm reaching far beyond the story. Then the kiddos want to go into the garage. At first I recall the last time a little one went into the garage without parental guidance....think sunscreen, all over the dashboard which eventually made the clock/radio/CD player/movie sound maker not work, but got fixed and really cleaned by my main squeeze on Saturday. But I figure, what the hay! Then I hear screams of "It's a mouse brain, it's a mouse brain!" "EEK, A Mouse!!!" Ok, I really don't find mice amusing. We really haven't seen too many mice around here lately, either. So I get really brave really fast and go out there. Sam is sweeping something. It's looks like mouse brain, or a mouse, or something. I get closer and get a good (eeeww) look at it....
If you look really close it resembles an apple slice that's really, really old. But it could very well be a mouse brain. So I scream and shreek and jump up and down and really get into the spirit of it. But my dear little ones start to smell a rat. They start asking what it really is. They somehow know I wouldn't stay right there next to anything dead. I would make them get out and call their father at once. Not that he could do anything right then, but just so he knows the horror I'm living in.
So I say it really is a dead mouse brain and we should put it in a box and take it in the house and put it on display. So my dear Sam runs in and gets the clear plastic box that his taxi came in from Abbie and Poppy from New York. It makes a great display case. We put it in.

And show it off. This picture really makes it look like a dead MOUSE! It's not. It's an apple slice. A really really old apple slice.

Have a really great dead-mouse-brain free day!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Thats funny! Kinda gross, but funny.

Jen said...

Yuck! You can sell it on e-bay. There is always someone trying to sell a cheese sandwich with the image of the Virgin Mary burned on to the bread or a chewed up piece of gum from Paris (trampy) Hilton.
Display case included.

Nice touch of the on going dramatics when you saw the "mouse brain"!

Hollyween said...

Very disgusting, Jennie. I did a close up of hte pic and it looks like it's infested with maggots. I think I threw up in my mouth a little. Please tell Sam not to bring his display case and 'mouse brain' to our house.

Crissy said...

ROFL!!!! That is HILARIOUS! I love your sense of humor, Jennie!! Love the drama too!

Kim said...

Eeeeewwwwww! That looks totally gross! That brain came out of a HUGE mouse! Thanks for the funny story. Kids are too smart, huh! Isn't it funny how they're so proud of the gross stuff!?!

Laurie said...

EEWWWW! Why did you keep it!?

Mama Bear said...

Nasty! But fun for your kiddos that you played along with it.

Momma Ballou said...

No, Look again I swear I saw wiskers. I'm stickin' with the dead mouse story........ Yuck