Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Thought For Thursday.

Today's thought comes because my temple is closing.

It's only for 3 years or so. But think of all that can happen in one's life in 3 years!!

This morning Mandy and I went one last time for Temple Thursday. Alison, we missed you.

On Tuesday I went and it was so cute to see all the older couples there getting their pictures taken in front of the temple.

Ruthie was sealed to us for time and all eternity in the Ogden Temple.

I will miss it.

And I look forward to the renovations that will make it beautiful, safe and ready for use for many more years.

******

“The temple is a great school. It is a house of learning.”

—President Boyd K. Packer

********


I am hoping to go and take pictures over the many months ahead.


And, look out Bountiful Temple! Temple Thursday is still a force to be reckoned with!

2 comments:

Kim said...

We went to our temple yesterday. I had many tender thoughts there. I'll miss having a temple so close but I think it will be good for all of us. And Logan's not too far away either!

Jen said...

When I went to the temple, I was talking to one of the Sister Temple Workers. We were talking about how long it will be closed and I asked her if she will be returning to work in the temple once it is remodled. Her reply: "I'll be dead by then!" It caught me off guard a little bit, but then she giggled about it. It's a little bitter, sweet, knowing that the familiar, peaceful, skyline, with the Angel Moroni will not be there for a little while. I look forward to the day when we can return!