Tuesday, February 28, 2012

12 Years Ago.

12 years ago today I was wanting my baby to come, yet hoping he would wait another 48 hours. I didn't want a Leap Year baby. I suppose it would have been fun if he had been born on February 29, but I'm kinda glad he wasn't. He's a March kid. And that's a fact.

Today we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house so Isaac could pick a quilt. Each of the grand kids gets to pick a homemade quilt when they turn 12. Isaac was so excited! A homemade quilt from Grandma and Grandpa! There were many to choose from. But when he saw this one, he knew it was his.
On an inside corner there is a tag with "Return With Honor". He is pretending to sleep. But deep down he is smiling! He loves his new quilt.
One more week and 48 hours and I will have a 12 year old. He is preparing to receive the Aaronic priesthood and be ordained a Deacon. I can't wait to see him pass the Sacrament. I think he can't wait to pass it! He is finished with his Faith In God requirements and will get his book signed. I can't believe my baby is almost 12.



I also can't believe our good fortune to have an extra 24 whole hours to use tomorrow. What are you going to do with all that time?? Sleep? Eat? Watch TV? Read a book? Wash windows? Do laundry? I am so excited to have 24 hours with which to catch up with my life. Or, maybe it will just be another Wednesday to keep up on. I guess an extra 24 hours doesn't really mean much. It's just another day. But I still think we should count it as an extra 24 hours with which to have some fun. So, what are you going to do with all that extra time??

No comments: