Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A little white paint never hurt anybody...

Here's the deal. Isaac turns 8 on March 8, 2008, get it? So if you go to the same place I do on Sundays, you know what's coming...Baptism. That's the EASY part. Even though it's my first Baptism as the Primary president and I have no idea what I'm doing! The thing that has the knickers in a bunch is the inevitable family gathering afterward at home. MY HOME!

Now, I'm not the greatest housekeeper in the world. You couldn't actually call the Health Department on me, but who actually cleans baseboards?!?! So every time we plan a gathering at my house I realize the dents, smudges, marks, smears, and what the heck is on the wall right there?? At least I don't have carpet through our living space! Yikes! Could you just imagine! So I started one of my big projects for the year a few weeks ago, and, for heck's sake, it's not anywhere close to being done! So I am scrambling to get that done. AND, then there are those baseboards, the doors, trim, closets, walls, walls, walls, and the laundry room! Oh, my goodness gracious, great balls of fire, if you know what I mean. So I have a list, a long list, of everything that needs to be done before the 8th of March...yes, he is getting Baptized on his birthday, cool, huh! Except for the fact that I had my mind set on the end of March for it!

This is what I have done so far....Most of the kids' bathroom painted, the hallway walls cleaned and painted, the wall along the front door and just where the kids' cars, heads and other various things, ding, spackled and sanded...need to get another quart of paint for that one!, baseboards shaped up with some pretty white paint, doors and frames and closets, white again with the pretty sparkly white paint. The To-Do list is too long to type out. There is also Joy School next week that I am teaching, Sharing Time on the 9th that I am teaching and various and sundry other things that need my attention. Never mind the fact that everyone around here thinks I should do laundry and make dinner.

You know what they say "a little white paint never hurt anybody" Oh wait! Maybe that's white lie. Oh well...There is a reward for doing all of this running and jumping through hoops! The house looks really nice, new and neat! I love a freshly painted wall...it's one of my absolute favorite things in the world! So on with the painting, scrubbing, and other such stuff. Aaahh..I actually feel better now. Now that's THERAPY!

8 comments:

Kim said...

WOWIE! You are too good! You are going to love your house again when you are all finished, although your family might need some pampering by then :-) That is TOO COOL that he turns 8 on the 8th of 2008! I got baptized on my 8th birthday too, so it's easy to remember. Good luck with your list!

Crissy said...

Hey Jen!! If you need help, PLEASE let me know, I can help you if you need it! I know the feeling of this first baptism! I am so excited for Issac :) It's good that you have so many people that will be there supporting him. With mine and Shane's family, it's a really big challenge to have people come to these special events.
HEY! And after you are done, you can come over and help me clean and paint my house, LOL! ;)

Laurie said...

Wow, you are good! I can't wait for the baptism and the get-together after! And now I can't wait to see your house all spiffed up!

Hollyween said...

Oh, the family together-ness. It's always such a pain to get things ready for family coming over. And then they come and ruin all of your hard work. I just had a big family shin-dig at my house. It made me realize that my house was not only dirty, but small too. Oh, and the carpet. I HATE my carpet!!!

But I tell John that he should be thankful for family parties because they get us purging the house and cleaning those dingy baseboards. Because seriously, would I ever do it unless I had a bit party planned? Ummm... NO.

Jenn Toon said...

Your family is just that . . . family! They would love you and your family and house just as it is. BUT we love to have the motivation to get things done - I'm tirelessly working on that too. Good luck!

Lisa and Tate said...

Ah the feeling of finishing a project and just sitting and admiring the newly cleaned and painted walls!!! I'm doing the sunroom/Mesa (dog's) room.... Each and every step down towards the finish project gives me goosebumps of excitement!

Lisa

Momma Ballou said...

Oh my goodness girl! I need a nap just from reading this. Sometimes when I have big projects weighing on my mind I just shut down. Sounds like you've got it under control.

*tif* said...

Oh Jenny you need to have 7 maids come and clean your house so you can do the rest. Someday when I'm really filthy rich that's what I'm going to do. I hope I'm filthy rich before Regan's baptism...