Monday, August 6, 2012

It Was A Frisbee.

Remember the Brady Bunch episode when Marcia has a date to a school dance with the hot guy at school and she is so excited and then her brothers are on the backyard astroturf playing football and Marcia goes out in all her date with a hot guy glory and as she tells her brothers it's time to come in the football connects with Marcia's nose and she goes down saying "Oh my nose, my nose"?  Remember that?  Well that's what last night felt like.  But not quite how it went. 

We were at Daniel's sister's house for dinner and talking.  The kids were jumping on the trampoline and playing frisbee.  Adults were sitting in small groups talking.  I was talking to my sister in law, 2 nieces and a new future nephew in law.  All of a sudden a black frisbee comes flying at me and I see it actually hit my eye ball.  Yep.  I see it.  I go down saying "oh my eye, my eye" and thinking of blindness and no date with a hot guy on Friday night.  But I can't go on the date with the hot guy anyway because Friday night is the goat show, so I think, hey maybe we won't be in the goat show because I'll be blind.  Daniel is there in an instant and I reach up to touch my eye.  My eyeball is not in its usual spot though.  It's deep inside my head.  Like touching my brain deep.  Then I realize my contact is in there somewhere too.  So I get it out and Daniel takes me into the house to assess the blindness, I mean damage.  All the while my nephew is saying "I'm so sorry aunt Jennie.  I'm so sorry.  I'm not playing frisbee anymore!"

As we walk up the stairs and into the house I try seeing out of my eye.  I can't see.  Everything is a blur.  I know I'm going blind.  Dang!  We get in and I wash it with cool water and say again that I can't see.  Then Daniel suggests maybe I can't see because my contact is out?  Oh.  Yes.  He's right.  I look at my contact and see the black smudge from the black frisbee and know it got me with my eye open. OuCh!  We got my contact cleaned up and put back in so I could see.  But my eye is throbbing and obviously scratched up.  I left the bathroom and cried and cried.  What a baby!  Oh yeah, I just got a frisbee in the eye.  We came home and I was down for the night.

This morning my eye is a little swollen on the outside and swollen on the inside.  The bottom of my eyeball is bruised.  I can't wear my contacts.  It hurts to move it and bright light really hurts.  I called my diabetes eye doctor and have an appointment in the morning to make sure there isn't any permanent damage.  Hopefully I don't go blind before then.  I have to see a different doctor and I'd like to see what he looks like. So please pray for me that I don't go blind.  At least until I see the doctor.  I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Ouch! I hope your eye is okay!