Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lacerations, Inflammations And Steroids. Oh My.

So it's official.  I'm not going blind.  But I do have some problems.  There is inflammation between my retina and cornea which could cause problems.  So I'll do steroid eye drops for a week, then go back to see if it's getting better.
The "bruise" on the bottom of my eyeball (which looks much better today than it did yesterday) is a laceration.  I love that word.  So much better than a scratch or tear.  It will heal on its own.
He dilated my eyes to see if there is anything on the inside to be concerned about.  Nope.  In fact he said I have amazing retinas.  Especially for a 29 year diabetic.  My cataracts look good, but the steroids can make those develop faster.  So next week's appointment will determine how much longer I need to do the drops.

So there you go.  I have to keep wearing my glasses.  But since my eyes are dilated and we have to go to a movie, I put my contacts in so I can wear my regular sunglasses.  Then I'll be back in glasses for a bit longer.  Until next time...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that happened~I think you should sue! (Not your nephew but, somebody maybe that frisbee company or something!) Anyway so sorry and hope you feel better soon! Tragic things happen when you give up the Diet Coke I tell ya! (Least that's the story I'm stickin with)