Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Have I Told You About...

How about all those times my sisters and, sometimes, little brother, would save our nickels and dimes and walk to the Quick Stop to buy treats?  We had to walk lots and cross a big road to get there.  It was on the corner before you entered the drive in theater.  We would buy these little boxes of candy... Boston Baked Beans, Lemon Heads (the real ones that were hard, none of these chewy, all the fruits in the basket kinds) and Red Hots.  They were only a nickel.  And then we would take the open end and blow into it to make a fun buzzy sound.  They don't make the boxes like that anymore.  And these cost me .25 cents a box. 
P1060279
My kids would've liked to have lived in the "olden days" when candy cost five cents and the box became a toy.  They just don't have that kinda stuff in these modern times.  So deprived.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Lol! I remember riding bikes to the QuikStop. Good times!