Monday, February 22, 2010

A Day In The Life.

*Slacker Style*

But I'm okay with it.

And you should be too.

Monday...President's day. We finally got to spend the afternoon with our cousins. Pizza, root beer, bread sticks, valentine cookies, Legos, Bionicles, movies, playing school and lots of talk. Oh, and a little diet pepper never hurt anyone. Right?!
Tuesday...I went into Isaac's class to do my Chinese New Year presentation. Many of the kids have heard me do this in the past. I was amazed at what they remembered and what new information they had to share. I need to study up on Chinese culture a little better!
Wednesday...50% off frames at Kohls (thanks for the tip Kim). So I got our pictures framed for $40. I need to replace the picture of Ruthie. She's pale for some reason. And after getting them on the wall, the precious moment of Daniel and me ended up looking a lot like my big boo-tay sitting on a bench. (At least I have a boo-tay, right?!)
Thursday...Sam's class' turn for the CNY presentation. This was only some of those guys' second time hearing it. One boy loves samurais. But sadly, I didn't have any information about samurais.
Friday...Ruthie's 100th day of Kindergarten. We made an environmentally friendly necklace out of water bottle lids. Hehe. Daniel and I got a sitter and went to dinner and the temple. Luckily for us all of Bountiful's patrons were there, too. We had to stand in line in the hall around the chapel. It was a long, but really good night.
Saturday...Is a blur. There was breakfast, lunch, dishes, laundry, vacuuming, dinner, showers, in-time bed times. Beyond that I have nothing to say.
Sunday...Oh yeah. Saturday we hung the pictures on the wall. Notice the gap wider that the sky between the pics and the couch? Yep. Big gap. But you see the switch plate there? I just can't move that. So I leave the gap. But I was thinking. What if I were to get a stuffed cat and put that in the back of the couch to fill the gap? Sounds good to me. Except for the fact that cats are the spawn of Satan himself. Evil. So I'm kidding. I'll just have a gap wider than the sky right there.
There are some Sundays when my patience wears thin in Primary. Luckily no one got hurt. And sharing time went okay. I think.
Then a meeting for leaders Sunday night.
I really don't enjoy wearing a dress!
Yes. I know. Sounds like a bad attitude!
Some day I may actually take a picture every day and then put the post up on Sunday.
Imagine that!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Fun! I love your family pictures- they look great!

Crissy said...

I think your pictures look great on the wall. I am hoping it wasn't my fault that Ruthie looks pale? Do you want me to fix it?
Hope you have a good week. If you need to get out and have some lunch to chat, give me a call.

Andrea said...

At least you keep busy during the week, much more than what goes on down here! The pictures look great!

Kates said...

Yes, Jennie, at least you have a boo-tay...

Sarah said...

i don't know if you were truly kidding about cats being evil and the spawn of satan? but i truly believe that, just ask holly. fun week by the way!

Kim said...

Your family pictures look so good up there!! That stuffed cat comment is hilarious. That is awesome that you get to do the Chinese New Year presentation at the school! I would love to hear your presentation. It always means more to have a speaker come that is passionate about a subject. I don't think you have a big boo-tay, btw.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

The pictuers are awesome! I want you to come decorate at my house!