Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Thought For Thursday.

I started this week thinking about this post. What could I possibly have a thought on? I have no earthly idea. I have no thoughts this week. Hah!
But some things started to come to mind, but didn't stick. Until just a minute ago. I was just reading scriptures and came to Doctrine and Covenants 93:40.
...
"But I have commanded you to bring up your children in light and truth"
...
What a beautiful thought. To bring up our children in light and truth.
And believe it or not, there are many who do not.
Our children are in our care for only a short time. It's time now to teach them truths, teach them light, teach them the things necessary to survive. Both physically and spiritually in this life.
So there you go!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

Wonderful thought, Jennie! Thanks for sharing an inspirational quote :)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

FYI_ love your birthmother letter! I was moved! You know I wish you, Daniel and your family nothing but the best including James or Mary soon!

Kim said...

Those scriptures jump out at me now that I'm a mom too. What a wonderful passage to remember. Thanks for sharing!!