Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All In The Name Of Love.

In preparation for dinner tonight I found myself doing something. Something odd. Something insanely curious. You see, I needed a bag of these.
Mixed veggies.
But the recipe needs them thawed and drained. So I put them in the thingy here to thaw them. And to let them drain.
Then I started picking stuff out. You see those things in my sink? Every single one of them came from that bag. In fact, if you were to look more closely at the picture above, you wouldn't find a single one of those things in the bowl. But if you do, please let me know right away. I'm gonna add those to the casserole soon!
What are they? I call them horsey beans. That's what my grandpa called them. We had to eat them at my grandparents' house when we were young. I think they may have even come from his garden. We always had to eat the horsey beans. And I can even hear my grandpa saying Horsey Beans.
And Happy New Year.
And Hey Cookie.
So why do I pick them out?
These little people.
It's all in the name of love.
Or
It's all in the name of I don't want to hear any complaining about what's on your plate tonight so just go right on ahead and eat it!!
And love.
(And I DO know they are lima beans. We were just told they were horsey beans at grandpa's house.)

11 comments:

Jen said...

I think it's hilarious that you picked out all of those bean by hand! We gotta toture our kids with veggies, sometime. It's good for them!

Jen said...

Um, I meant to type "beanS". Remember, I got my schoolin' in Wyoming. It's a sad, sad situation.

Unknown said...

it says lima beans on the bag

Kates said...

I still hate those things to this day. Happy new year, cherry cakes!

Jennifer B. said...

Those are my favorite veggie. They are lima beans. I like the fordhook lima beans as they are larger than the ones in your picture. No one else at my house likes them but I do make them try them once a year so I can get my fix. I grew up on a farm and had them fresh out of the garden (helped with the picking of them and the shelling of them). I'm born and breed Southern girl.

Crissy said...

Awwww! The things we will do for those little ones! Of course...that looks like something I would do just for myself,LOL!!
Love that picture of your kids!!

Daniel said...

I like lima beans

Laurie said...

Why are you and Katie so scarred?! I love lima beans!

Kates said...

Laurie and Daniel love lima beans??? What is this world coming to? But, then again, Laurie doesn't like linguica and Daniel doesn't like spaghetti. I rest my case.

Kim said...

That was so sweet of you to do that for your kids. I love lima beans! Ha ha - Horsey Beans!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I hate lima beans but- know what you mean- even at this early age- eat what is on your plate young lady!