Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Day In The Life.

Monday...While getting ready in the morning, these two whippersnappers filled the sink with soapy water and then made beards. Silly kids. It was also Isaac's birthday!
Tuesday...Isaac showed Sam how to play Risk. That isn't as easy as it might seem. They finally called it quits. See Isaac's knees? The holes in all the jeans means warmer weather should be here soon. It's time for shorts.
Wednesday...Isaac was officially a Webelo. He went the week before, too, so he could do all the fun stuff for this month. This is the 4th chocolate cake mix of the week. The first was for cupcakes on Sunday night. Second was for Isaac's cake on Monday which stuck to the pan and then fell to the floor. Third was a more successful cake for Isaac on Monday. And this is just a middle of the week I want some chocolate cake for breakfast tomorrow cake.
Thursday...My mom called from a Master Gardener class she's taking close by to see if I would be home. She came by to visit for a little while. This is a picture Isaac drew for me. It's titled Last Day Of Winter. There is a pier with people watching the water, fishing and swimming. I think he's ready for winter to be over, too.
Friday...One thing Daniel and I have been lucky to be able to do is go on field trips with our kids. I went with Sam and all the other 2nd graders on Friday to the hospital. They got to learn all there is to know, in a very frilly way, what would happen if they came to the ER, had surgery or broke a bone. We then saw the LifeFlight helicopter. We went to a park for lunch where there was beautifully written smut on the bathroom doors. Right where we were eating. Too bad 2nd graders can read. Too bad I can read. This is Sam the Surgeon.
Saturday...Another Bountiful Basket run. Mmm. 2 Primary kids got baptized and I think that even if the sun had come out that day, those girls outshined anything that old sun could shine out. We had movie night and watched Planet 51. The one line that I heard while passing the boys' room was "So that's where he keeps his antenna". Funny. Really. Funny.
Sunday...I walked out the door to go to church to wind howling at 50 below. Okay. Not really, But, dang, it was cold! Primary kids were cute. And this guy here wanted to make brownies. So he did. They were good! That's him eating one!


And just in case you were wondering, because I am so sure you are wondering, today marks 12 weeks until we are on a cruise ship sailing to Alaska. And 13 weeks until we are flying home to our kiddos. Who I actually miss already. I know. Dumb. But really. I do.

6 comments:

Kates said...

Risk??? Oh, Uncle Sean would be proud!

Laurie said...

Fun stuff! I'm craving chocolate cake and brownies now...

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Okay- I am way behind but hoping to catch up! Oh- an Alaska cruise? ONe of my favorites I went on with my dad.

The kids seem fun and busy as ever! Thankfully they have a great mom and dad!

Crissy said...

LOL!! Cute! I totally love that first photo! So Cute :)
Love the chocolate cake too.

Kristi said...

Oh joy comments, comments, I've not spoken to anyone in hours. 1) The baptism was great, thanks for all your work, 2) wow lots of cucumbers from bountiful baskets (this was our first basket). 3) LOVE cake for breakfast, my favorite is white with chocolate frosting in a bowl with milk poured over it. YUMM

Kim said...

I hope you bought a bunch of cake mix at the case lots sales!! Wowie! That is so sad that one fell on the floor!

I am sooo in need of warmer weather! At least half of Jake's jeans have holes in the knees and he is outgrowing some of them!

How fun that Isaac gets to go to Webelos now! Happy Birthday Isaac!

The park by us has smut on the doors and playground equipment right now too. Ugh.

So excited that you get to go on a cruise! FUN!