Monday, March 8, 2010

A Day In The Life.

Monday...One week to go. Which means today is the big day. Love my Ikey Bikey!
Tuesday...Grape juice is dangerous. Especially before school or going somewhere nice. Purple mustaches are hard to get rid of. Mom was getting better, even though a bit tired and weak.
Wednesday...My kids watch Avatar the Last Air Bender. When I put Ruthie in the tub, she has all her water bending students come to learn from her. I caught her here as she scolded her students to stop being lazy and get up and bend!
Thursday...Ruthie took this picure. Just another slow and lazy day at our house while mom continues to recuperate.
Friday...Isaac asked for a paperclip. Then he attached it to a string. Then he put a pencil in the paperclip and held one end of the string. Then he made a perfect circle. He's so smart. He made this hazard sign. I think it's to warn people away from the acid.
We had a Family Movie Night and watched Bolt. (again)
Saturday...Not only did Isaac need to do his Saturday jobs to go to Chuck E Cheese, he had to type his Pioneer Essay. So this boy sat at my laptop and typed. And typed. And typed. Just like the pioneers Walked. And walked. And walked.
We went to Chuck E Cheese for dinner (yuck) and fun. As Daniel and I sat while the kids ran amuck, we likened our experience there to the gambling halls. Kids and adults alike walking around with their cups of coins and tickets. Kids and adults walking around with dazed looks on their faces. Sounds of dinging bells and clinking coins. It's like gambling training at a young age.
Sunday...After church we got cupcakes ready to take to Aunt Marylynne's. We celebrated all the March birthdays and enjoyed each other's company. Uncle Mark and Aunt Marylynne had gone to Africa a few months ago and showed a DVD they made with pictures of animals and the children in the orphanage they visited. Yes, I cried. They talked about their experiences in South Africa. What an amazing experience!
As they were talking and we were listening intently, my sweet daughter was blocked out of a room and while pounding on the door, yells loud enough for the whole house to hear, "I AM SERIOUSLY GOING TO FREAK OUT!!!!"
Funny girl.
My bod is back to normal. Which means I'm only tired from lack of sleep. Normal.
Have a terrific week!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Crissy said...

Happy Birthday to Isaac!! Hope he had a great day! Glad to hear you are feeling better too!

Kim said...

SO glad you are feeling better!! And I'm glad that the kids helped you out with your picture taking this week. Ruthie cracks me up!!