Sunday, April 29, 2012

And No One Would Know...

Yesterday Daniel was out in the pasture and our neighbor to the back of us says, "You could shoot your wife out here and no one would know."  Daniel wasn't quite sure how to respond.  When Daniel told me all I could think of was Doesn't Randy like me anymore?  I wave to him everyday!  Does he think Daniel should shoot me?  Really??

Don't freak out.  Randy was just using that as a starting point for what he was gonna tell Daniel.  The neighbors were shooting skunks last week and when Randy went out to see what the hullabaloo was about--skunks--he looked around at all the homes.  Black as night.  No one jumped out of bed.  No one turned on lights and looked out the windows.  No one called the cops. 

So if there was a need to shoot a wife and not get much in the way of a neighborly response, you could do it here in our backyard. 

On that note, Daniel and I celebrate our 13th anniversary tomorrow.  Neither of us feels the need to shoot the other.  Much.  We really just like each other too much I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Oh my goodness!! That's really funny. Happy Anniversary!

Laurie said...

That's a little creepy. I'd watch out for that guy!

Kristi said...

If it makes you feel any better we would probably hear and . . . eventually call the cops. We heard a gunshot a few weeks and ago and then sat up for an hour watching out neighbors teenage kids (in the middle of the night) and finally the next day called the cops to do a wellness check. The cop who came actually new about the gunshot - our neighbor was OK and the casing was from another part of the neighborhood - possible there was a dead skunk involved as well.