Monday, April 23, 2012

A Little Of This And That.

So here we go.  I went through the pictures on my camera and thought I'd just update according to what was in there.  And then some.

After the great shake out last week, I told the kids I would put together an emergency kit for their backpacks.  I happened to find a great example on this great blog and used it.  The letter is almost a direct copy of hers. I did have to change up a little of what is inside the kit.  But our FHE tonight will be the reminder lesson of what to do at home, at school, at 4-H, at a friend's house, at church, at scouts, etc, when there is an emergency. 
I began the Great Popcorn Rock experiment over a week ago.  It has been moving along just nicely.  There are way more crystals by now, but this is the picture I have.  The vinegar is horribly smelly.  No one likes to go in the kitchen.  But I think I have gotten used to it.  I can't smell it anymore.  More pictures later!

The goat herd was moved out to the pasture.  Daniel got the mower out and the older goats all gathered around it.  I thought they were intrigued by the mower itself. But then I went out there and saw that there was last summer's grass all over it and they were hungry.  Vegeta is sick.  Daniel had the great privilege of taking his temperature.  Rectally.  Yep.  Vegeta was not happy about it.  But he had a temperature which suggests an infection.  So he's on Penicillin shots for 5 days.  Today is day 3.  I think when Daniel goes out there today Vegeta will scoot!  He's on to him.  At least he's getting better.
We did our last Sam the Double Digit Boy celebration last Sunday with grandma and grandpa.  I made an 'S' on the cake and was thrilled with my work.  It's been a really long time since I've done a super cake for my kids.  But I think we all agree that a cake which is chocolate is just the thing.  No special cake decorations necessary.  You may have noticed that my kids are all even again.  12, 10 and 8.  My life is in perfect order.  At least with their ages.  Not that it really affects anything, but I always feel more peace in my soul when they are even.
This is a goat.  Look at those eyes.  Did you know that there is only a small sliver of periphery that they miss with those eyes?  They can see all the way around them except for that small sliver directly behind them.  My AC is on.  It's hot.  Well, I'm hot.  I don't like heat.  I need to move to Alaska.  Or just turn my AC on in April.  In one week Daniel and I will celebrate our 13th anniversary.  Before you say it's a bad luck year, I need to remind you that we are completing 13 years.  Beginning the 14th.  Thank you very much. 
So there you have it. Just a little of this and a little of that. 

No comments: