Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Triumphal Entry Into Jerusalem.

As you know, if you have been reading my blog for a while, we celebrate the last week of Christ's life the week before Easter. I thought this year I would post what the day's lesson is each morning so you can incorporate it in your own family.

Sunday is Palm Sunday. It is called that because that is when Jesus came into Jerusalem. The people waved palm leaves and shouted Hosannas and then set them down along his path. At our house we wave palm leaves and talk about the tradition we have in temple dedications of waving handkerchiefs and shouting Hosannas to God.
This year we also watched the new Bible video series' The Lord's Triumphal Entry Into Jerusalem which can be found here. The story can be found in the Bible in Matthew 21:1-11. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Jennie, I love those videos. I taught RS yesterday (we watch Conference as a branch next week) and used the videos. We watched all the videos from the last week of his life, minus the parables (time constraints.) I told the group (which ended up including the Priesthood because the Brach Pres heard about my plans) that I didn't want any discussion, I just wanted everyone to quietly watch the videos and let the Spirit do the talking. AND BOY DID IT! There wasn't a dry eye in the room after the lesson and everyone sat in near silence for about 5 minutes after the closing prayer. I got many comments saying that it was the best RS lesson they had ever had! We are also using the videos this week as we study the life of Christ. I so grateful that the Church has put these videos out!