Sunday, April 26, 2009

Once Upon A Time Part 22

We began the fun hunt for furniture and appliances for our new home. Dan started to talk about all the land we had and that he'd like to get a calf to raise for beef. I was not thrilled with this idea. We were already going to be out in the middle of nowhere and have lots of room between houses and now a calf?! I am a city girl. Give me a freeway in my backyard and smog and lots of lights and noise. That would make me happy. But I was going to marry a country boy. Lots of land, lots of calf, lots of quiet.

It was shortly before the wedding that I asked Dan about his name. I had noticed that all of his family called him Daniel. He introduced himself to me as Dan so I never thought about it too much. But it was obvious his family had a strong tradition of calling people by their full name. He said he would like me to call him Daniel. So I do.

We had our appointment for our engagement pictures which would go into our wedding announcement. When we went in, the photographer said we were really cutting it close. It was about 4 weeks before the wedding and he didn't think it was enough time. We took pictures anyway and they came back quickly and nicely. So the announcements went out and everything was ready.
I had stopped working for Dave sometime earlier. He had hired someone to take my place and then told me about it. He did make arrangements for me to office manage for another agent. So I went to work there for 2 weeks. It was fun I tell ya! If you see me in person, ask me what the agent asked me about being married in the temple and how that would affect our inimate relationship. She was so fun to work for. I was only there for 2 weeks. I then began my unemployment history that I still enjoy today. In just a couple of weeks I would call myself a Stay At Home Mom In Training.

Those 2 weeks were filled with decorating my new house, moving all my stuff there. Moving all of Daniel's stuff there. Making last minute efforts on the wedding plans. And just being glad I was done with dating and not knowing where I would be or what I would be doing for the rest of my life.

Goodbye Polygamist guy, Wife beater guy, Craig who couldn't commit, the guy whose name I never got, Mike the prom jerk, Regional dance cologne guy. Farewell to Disagreeable guy who just liked to disagree with me, Guy who couldn't keep oil in his car, Cheap Date guy, Victor who wrote to me for two years telling me he loved me only to just....not. Goodbye and good riddance to all the guys who took my time and energy without leaving a good impression. I was never going back. I had found my T.O. (The One). I had made the decision to be single the rest of my life only find the love of my life.

Obviously, at this point in my life, everything was in place just as well as can be expected. April 30 was the day. We had a house, a plan, a nice picture of us for our wall and lots of love. We had plane tickets to spend 10 days in Hawaii for our honeymoom. I was ready to make the man of my dreams a reality in my arms.

Only one more episode left! Join me on April 30, 2009-our 10th anniversary, for the Wedding Day Bliss!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't wait for the big day! And I must ask you what Temple Marriage does to a married couple's intamcy. I'm intrigued!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh my! 10 years! I hope you two do something big- another trip to Hawaii? I know with pending adoptions this may not be in the cards....but you for sure need to celebrate!

So good to finally meet Daniel the other day and yes- I like Daniel better than Dan too!

Crissy said...

Loved this!! :)