Monday, April 13, 2009

What A Day!

4 years ago today, our family walked into the Ogden Temple together. The first thing my sweet 5 year old Isaac said was, "Wow. It's beautiful!"

It was a beautiful day as we had Ruthie sealed to us for eternity. She is ours as if she were born in the covenant. She inherits everything my boys do. She became ours forever.

While we were in the sealing room, the sealer commented that even the empty seat wasn't empty. I knew exactly who was sitting there. My brother Aaron. He had died just 3 years earlier. On April 28 we will be missing him for 7 years.

As we have just celebrated Easter and the Resurrection of our Savior, I simply want to share my gratitude for a sacrifice made so that we can be an eternal family. So that we will be able to see Aaron again. So that all of my children are mine forever. So that Daniel and I will be together eternally. So that the choices I make here will impact my salvation. So that when I stumble I have a clear way back. So that I know my Heavenly Father loves me so much that he has given me all that I have. So that I can experience the joy the He meant me to have in this life.

I love Spring time. It's an awakening of nature and of feelings that come too easily sometimes. As much as I miss Aaron, I know I will see him again. As hard as the wait has been and will continue to be for Sarajune, I know she will be in our arms one day. As we begin a new adoption journey, I know Heavenly Father is directing our path. As hard as parenting is, I love my kiddos more than my own life and am so grateful they are mine!

I hope you had a beautiful Easter Sunday and that your Spring time is a spectacular time in your life!

4 comments:

Susie said...

It is a beautiful time of year. I understand how your feelings come easily as I lost my mom in the spring as well. We are blessed to KNOW we will see them again.

Kristi said...

What a nice post, Easter is one of my favorite holidays, it makes me think of all the blessings I have and all that I have to be thankful for.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

It aches my heart to think about your brother......it is so hard on parents/siblings when a person dies so young.

I am anxiously awaiting Sarajune or James too.....I can't wait to see what the future holds for your family....good things I know. Maybe James & Sarajune:)

Crissy said...

Beautiful post, Jennie! Now I need to run and find a box of tissue.