Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Picture A Day.

Or something like that. I don't know what has come over me. Maybe it's the major cleaning. Maybe it's the rain. Maybe it's the fact that at 1:15 today there will only be 31 more days of school. Who knows? I just take the pictures and hope for the best. This segment of A Picture A Day will be a little bit different. It's just pictures from everything last week and this last weekend. Enjoy!

Last Tuesday...Sam did his oral book report on Green Eggs And Ham. The best part of the book is that his name is in it. So we made a poster and green eggs with white chocolate and green M&Ms. Later that day I went back to help with the first grade silly party. It was tons o fun. Sam got his face painted to be Godzilla.
Last week sometime...We finally got bedrooms cleaned up so the kids could decorate their easter eggs. So much fun.
Another day last week...It hailed. The kids just stood on the porch and watched. And screamed.
Super Star Dad!
Friday...Sam's birthday party with some friends. This is my version of Godzilla. Don't laugh so loud. I can still hear you!
Since Godzilla was invited to the party, we made sure his tracks could be seen. One of my friends thought we had just put tulips on the driveway for Easter.
Opening lots of birthday presents.
His gift from Isaac and Ruthie was a Godzilla movie. So they all sat and watched for a little while.
Saturday...The city egg hunt. This is part of the loot. Almost better than Halloween.
The kids in the grass checking the loot.
Daniel and I have been watching Scrubs reruns. There is an episode where one of the doctors has "comfy pants" which are just ugly and nasty but oh so comfy. While at Walmart last week, I saw these and had to buy them. Now Daniel has his own comfy pants.
Sunday morning...A few Easter treats (notice the chocolate on his face) and another Godzilla movie from mom and dad. Sunday was Sam's real birthday!
A furry pink bunny for Ruthie.
Isaac just loved the chocolate and his frisbee.
That afternoon we headed to Abbie and Poppy's for the annual Easter egg hunt and dinner. Here are all the cousins ready for action.
Isaac finding his eggs.
Sam with his Easter bucket.
Ruthie and Maddie enjoying the candy.
Abbie had canned some goodies for the kids. Poppy showed what was in them with baby John's can.
I have to get back on track and take pictures this week. It must be the rain. Or the candy. Or something. Nevermind. I'll just get to it!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my you have been busy beavers! I have to "dig" you about Daniel's pants though, Jr?? LOL!

Daniel said...

OH, the smack talk is starting already; I see how you are ;)

Jennie said...

Oh how observant! They were one of just a couple of pairs that were his size. I was going for comfort, not drivers.

Jen said...

Don't feel bad about your comfy pants, Daniel. I made some for my husband for Christmas and they have vintage cowboys on them.

Hooray for Easter candy!!! Looks like your kids had a blast!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Wow- great pictures! Happy Birthday Sam! Man- the kids just keep growing up before our eyes!

Love the comfy pants- I have a few of my own:)

Kim said...

Hey, So I had great intentions of bringing by a THANKYOU treat to your family for taking Jess for us last Saturday and this week has been absolutely INSANE! I haven't had time to breathe! I think next week will be much easier (so maybe the treats will get there) But, in the meantime a BIG HUG and Thankyou ever so much you are the BEST!!!!!

Crissy said...

LOL!! Love the comfy pants!

Looks like you all had a fun easter :)