Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bored?

I think I must be. All over my Google reader, I keep seeing Advent Calendars. Must be something about the beginning of December. So I thought, hmm, I could make that one! Really. Plus Daniel is out of town. I'm bored.

So I went to the basement and got some felt. And then I started just doing this... Then I started doing this...You know, sewing little pockets. Then I made all the 1s. They were the easiest. Except for the holly. Then, amazingly, I made all the other numbers. I just did tons of 0s and cut a little around them to make the 3s 6s 8s and 9s. So, you know. At least I know what they are. So I'm officially advented! Our 1 was getting "Night At The Museum 2" and watching it for movie night and 2 was going to McDonalds for dinner. I need to get some papers in the rest of this week. Then, because I have nosey kiddos, I will only be putting in the rest a few days at a time. That's called smart parenting! In case you were wondering.

Now I wish Daniel would come home so he can figure out what died in the laundry room!

Oh, and I need a dowel and ribbon so I can hang the thing!

5 comments:

Kim said...

AWESOME!!! No need to be bored - just make something! We put chocolate in ours but there is only one in there for each day and that just isn't enough for a family that loves chocolate - I need two more for each day!

I'd love to hear the other things that you end up doing for your advent calendar.

Kim said...

Btw - for your washer - did you try running your washer empty? Sometimes when mine smells funny - actually not funny at all - I do that and it clears right up.

Andrea said...

so cute! You did a great job!

Laurie said...

Wow, you are amazing and so crafty! I love it!

Crissy said...

So cute, Jennie! I love it :)