Thursday, December 3, 2009

Smell? What Smell?

So last night when the kids and I got home from Old McDonald's, we could smell the yuck in the laundry room. Or kitchen. I'm just not sure... I have been searching for days!! I washed all the rags and kitchen towels. That helped. But then the smell came back. I always take garbage out and even searched the underbellies of the kitchen sink. Who knows? So today I remedied the problem. I baked!

You see these? I just whipped up a batch of yeast dough. Then put butter, sugar and cinnamon in each cup and then 3 little balls of dough in each cup. Then I put more butter, sugar and cinnamon on top. Then I baked them.
There was so much butter that it all overflowed into the oven. So I really can't smell the gross stuff anymore. When they came out, I put icing on top. Ruthie and her friend, Jonathon, thought they were yummers!! "You are a really good cook, mom!" was one of the comments.
Actually I just got this off of one of the things on my Google reader. Have you ever gone to Pioneer Woman? Oh...the chocolate sheet cake and now these, I love her.
This obviously wasn't my first. Or my second. But I won't say any more than that.
But I can't smell the grossness anymore. I may have to bake something every day.
But Daniel will be home tomorrow night. Then I'll put him to work.

4 comments:

Hollyween said...

You're quick! I just saw these on her site today! I love PW. Her chocolate sheet cake makes my mouth water. It's amazing!!! I could use a slice right this second.

Laurie said...

Yummy! Those look delicious! I'll have to try those. Hope that yucky smell stays away.

Crissy said...

Yummy!! That looks so delicious!! :) I need to visit this pioneer woman's site more often :)

Kim said...

Oh man! When you were describing what you put in there I was thinking - how can that work together? - but now I see that I must make some now!! I second the motion to bake the smell away ;)